• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Dinner at Mid Ohio con

49 posts in this topic

Who would like to go and suggestions? I am suggesting the Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse. It is very close(walking distance) and we can get a private room.

To get the private room we need to reach some benchmarks...

Room up to 10 people the bill needs to reach $700

Room up to 18 people the bill needs to reach $1200

I also have the private menu for dinning. There are 4 menu price points. $49.95, $54.95, $63.95, $75.95. Thats does not include brevages or tips. There are more expensive options but I do not know if board memebers would want to go much higher.

If you want a copy of the menu please send me your email. I'll get it out to you.

LMK folks as we have little time left to decide.

Here are some photos

front.jpg

dining-room.jpg

fireplace.jpg

captain-table.jpg

Last year they rolled up the sidewalks and the only place I saw open was a applebees or ruby tuesday type thing across the street. Last time I follow a local like paratrooper around.

Hey, I didn't know that Columbus was dead on the weekends. But hey I'm up for that steakhouse, looks good if we can get 10 people together. I'll definately be up for it. However, if the consensus is that it's too much I'll look for a cheaper place this weekend.

The more I look at it, not a bad idea. I would be curious to see what is is open on the weekends close by, but where ever we go, it will be a good time.

There is a hockey game that night at the arena, so there should be a decent amount of restaurants and nightlife happening in the convention center/arena district area. Well, more than when there isn't a game.

I don't know if I'll be able to join you guys, but as a much less expensive alternative there is a pub accross the street from the convention center called Barley's Ale House No. 1. They have good food (better than Applebees, etc..) and an excellent assortment of beers. If you end up with a smallish gathering of people for dinner, this place could be able to accomodate it.

http://www.barleysbrewing.com/

I've invited a special guest to join us no matter where we go, but this place seems nice the more I look at it. Should have an answer soon on the guest as his plans haven't been finalized so say 70/30 right now. Buck do we have to have exactly 10 and then exactly 18 or can we have say 12?

People should go ahead and sign up to see what we have.

1. Pirate

2. Guest tentative

3. Guest tentative

4. Guest tentative

5. Buck

6. Trooper

One room holds up to 10 and the other room holds up to 18. We do not have to have exact amount of people. But closer to the number the less cost per person.

If we get the room for 10 or less we have to spend at least $700 and if we get the room for 18 we have to spend at least $1200.00 Does that make sense?

yep, we need to get more people or cap it at 10 no if ands or buts. Might be easier to just goto a restaurant/bar then try to guess and be wrong.

I will be at the con pretty much all day Saturday, but I can't make the dinner that night cuz my band is playing a show locally here in my area and I need to get back before 9pm or so that night.

It kills me that I can't go to the dinner and hang out with you guys, I always have a blast at the forum dinners.. but this gig pays pretty well so I can't really blow it off. :frustrated: plus my band members would kill me.

but I want to meet and talk with you all during the con that day. shouldn't be too difficult since it's not that big of a convention area.

looking forward to it (thumbs u

may come back up on Sunday as well. hm

apologies about the dinnner. :sorry:

definetly next year. :grin:

I've invited a special guest to join us no matter where we go, but this place seems nice the more I look at it. Should have an answer soon on the guest as his plans haven't been finalized so say 70/30 right now. Buck do we have to have exactly 10 and then exactly 18 or can we have say 12?

People should go ahead and sign up to see what we have.

1. Pirate

2. Guest tentative

3. Guest tentative

4. Guest tentative

5. Buck

6. Trooper

7. Me :banana:

Is this going to be it? No cgc folks or other convention attendees. If so...then I guess the dinner is out of the question for this place.

1. Pirate

2. Guest tentative

3. Guest tentative

4. Guest tentative

5. Buck

6. Trooper

7. Seanh