• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM#1 valued at $20? Those were the days...

15 posts in this topic

I was browsing through ASM 106 just now and noticed the following kind of amusing letter (emphasis is mine, and not on the actual comic I might add!):

asm106let.jpg

$20 for a nice ASM1? :whistle:

ASM 106 was published 2 months before I was born, so I can't be blamed for missing the boat.

I'm also kind of amused that the letter writer is bemoaning having spent the equivalent of $33 on a newstand fresh 102 :takeit:

I paid $65 for mine :(

I just paid $200 for mine.

hm

I paid $20 for mine.

Naturally, LG, but better then my last 102. :insane:

We're talking about issue 1 aren't we? :makepoint:

hm

I paid $20 for mine.

I thought everyone was admitting to how much they paid for their ASM 102. :baiting:

Can't get a ASM 1 today for 65 :P

hm

I paid $20 for mine.

I thought everyone was admitting to how much they paid for their ASM 102. :baiting:

Can't get a ASM 1 today for 65 :P

Well you could, but you might not want to touch it.

I sold an entire set of ASM 1-50 for $65 in 1971 (sophomore in high school)...2nd biggest bonehead move I've ever made in the collecting dept...

#1 bonehead move: 2 shoeboxes of baseball cards with every freakin' Hall-o-Famer from about 1957/58 to 1972 (seriously 14-15 yr runs of Mays, Mantle, Banks, Robinson, Williams, Rose, Drysdale, Koufax...etc etc. everyone!) for............$25 bucks! doh! doh! (that's a double-doh!)