• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beowulf in 3d

12 posts in this topic

I went into it knowing NOTHING about it. Didn't know it was CGI, didn't know gaiman wrote it, or that Anthony Hopkins was in it, nothing. So from a clean slate I thought the stroy was well paced and interesting. I haven't read the original poem since I ws about 12 so I remember little detail, but the changes that I could tell were made didn't bother me at all.

Crsipin Glover was AMAZING as Grendel. The 3d process was pretty effective too. At one point I about lept out of my skin - I thought I was going to get hit in the face! lol

I went into it knowing NOTHING about it. Didn't know it was CGI, didn't know gaiman wrote it, or that Anthony Hopkins was in it, nothing. So from a clean slate I thought the stroy was well paced and interesting. I haven't read the original poem since I ws about 12 so I remember little detail, but the changes that I could tell were made didn't bother me at all.

Crsipin Glover was AMAZING as Grendel. The 3d process was pretty effective too. At one point I about lept out of my skin - I thought I was going to get hit in the face! lol

hm Sounds like it was money well spent!

There is no other way to see this movie other than in IMAX 3D. It'll blow your socks off. CG movies have really come a long way, and I think Beowulf may be the first to succeed where others like the Final Fantasy movies have faile by bringing mythology and an adult tale to life. Great -script, acting, and direction across the board. This is one of the best movies I've seen this year and it's the first fantasy movie since Lord of the Rings to nail it.

I thought it was fantastic all around

BUT

I would have rather seen it with its "R" rating then the toned down version. There is some "R" rated trailers online and from what I've read, it includes extra footage of bodies being thrown around, more Angelina Jolie, an extended scene with the Grendal and meat house wenches.

Still really enjoyed it

Saw in 3D at the local theater, and while the 3D was good, my advice is grab seats dead center more towards the top. You will appreciate it much more. I sat closer to the front, rightside and the 3D, while still good, at times was a bit much because of the angle and my eyes trying to follow it all.

But other than that, great movie!