• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this book a 6.0 in your opinion?

27 posts in this topic

I'd betcha' if that book was raw, and posted in the "hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" thread, no one on these Boards would give it a grade higher than 4.5.

The 6.0 was a gift for the owner of that book ( and my guess is, it will sell for around a VG ish price, since this is a clear case of the label not matching the book inside the holder )

Steve

I'd betcha' if that book was raw, and posted in the "hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" thread, no one on these Boards would give it a grade higher than 4.5.

The 6.0 was a gift for the owner of that book ( and my guess is, it will sell for around a VG ish price, since this is a clear case of the label not matching the book inside the holder )

Steve

The rest of the book must look pretty f'n sweet for CGC to give it a 6.0 - the corner chip isn't massive - I could see it pushing 5.0 - but 4.5 is more likely.

In my opinion, that book is a CGC 6.0. I'm basing this on the visual evidence of the "6.0" at the top middle of the blue label on the slab. I could be wrong, of course, but I'm pretty sure.

Steve

The rest of the book must look pretty f'n sweet for CGC to give it a 6.0 - the corner chip isn't massive - I could see it pushing 5.0 - but 4.5 is more likely.

Chip?

Unless I am seeing things, the entire lower right hand corner of the book is gone. That is, unless that issue had transparent pages and only the corner of the cover is gone? (shrug)

Steve

Chip?

Unless I am seeing things, the entire lower right hand corner of the book is gone. That is, unless that issue had transparent pages and only the corner of the cover is gone? (shrug)

Transparent pages...you crack me up, Bill.

Steve

Chip?

Well, I didn't specify cover chip - I meant the the entire book.

It's the same copy as previously sold on Heritage in every other 6.0 listed. So a small price spike in 2003 over 2002, and then down hill for the 2005 sale.

By the sounds of it here, the price will be falling in 2007 for this book as well.