• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pastimperfekt still out there

196 posts in this topic

650 :o

I have <> 150 and I thought that was alot. I started from #1 and I am working my way up. What about you?

Every time I get a plastic encased book I just seem to sell it and get one that isnt. My Hulk collection contain 3-6 ( still 1 and 2 ), TTA 59-101, Hulk 102-474 + all annuals, 1-current and all the tie ins. I also went for all the cross overs like FF 12, 25, 26, 112, Spiderman 14, 119, 120, all the defenders, etc.

Fills a little more than 3 full longboxes, All raw and condition ranges from 4.0-9.6.

Artboy99

I was like that myself. Had every issue unslabbed. The problem was i was trying to find ones in really nice shape and found myself with three or four of the same issues (mostly modern). So, when CGC came around I was like, "Ah, now I can get this book or that one because CGC said this is what it's grade is." And that's how the ballgame started for me. Believe me, if I could be happy with the ungraded run I would be. But I'm anal about my collection. So now, the books are more expensive, the slabs break easily, (not to mention reslabbing every 7 years if need be), and I won't even get into the other stuff that's been discussed many times on the board before. As far as space. Got a good shelf set-up downstairs off of the ground currently holding 17 boxes of graded Hulks. Does it take up more space? Yes, however, I got a whole bunch of other Hulk drek down there that the books aren't even noticed. I'll sell mine when the collecting hobby isn't fun anymore (or when I retire, or if I can use the money to buy a new motorcycle).

I have <> 150 and I thought that was alot. I started from #1 and I am working my way up. What about you?

Every time I get a plastic encased book I just seem to sell it and get one that isnt. My Hulk collection contain 3-6 ( still 1 and 2 ), TTA 59-101, Hulk 102-474 + all annuals, 1-current and all the tie ins. I also went for all the cross overs like FF 12, 25, 26, 112, Spiderman 14, 119, 120, all the defenders, etc.

Fills a little more than 3 full longboxes, All raw and condition ranges from 4.0-9.6.

Artboy99

I was like that myself. Had every issue unslabbed. The problem was i was trying to find ones in really nice shape and found myself with three or four of the same issues (mostly modern). So, when CGC came around I was like, "Ah, now I can get this book or that one because CGC said this is what it's grade is." And that's how the ballgame started for me. Believe me, if I could be happy with the ungraded run I would be. But I'm anal about my collection. So now, the books are more expensive, the slabs break easily, (not to mention reslabbing every 7 years if need be), and I won't even get into the other stuff that's been discussed many times on the board before. As far as space. Got a good shelf set-up downstairs off of the ground currently holding 17 boxes of graded Hulks. Does it take up more space? Yes, however, I got a whole bunch of other Hulk drek down there that the books aren't even noticed. I'll sell mine when the collecting hobby isn't fun anymore (or when I retire, or if I can use the money to buy a new motorcycle).

wow.

I have his P O Box address. Maybe it's time for a road trip and a stake out. :sumo:
The way he spends you probably wouldn't be allowed in his gated community. :P

You would be amazed where a Realtor's business card can take you. :)

He's in Florida so he can shoot you with impunity :D

I have his P O Box address. Maybe it's time for a road trip and a stake out. :sumo:

I'll be using you as a human shield. :cool:

Thats a pretty big shield.

lol

lol
;)

lol
;)
:censored:

Lost to pastimperfekt again last night. This makes 6 in a row.

Yeah, he's terrorizing me today! :P

Somehow, I have managed to win one auction today though...I figure he must have overlooked getting his bid in on that one. :/

Artboy99

I admit If I could afford to put together a highgrade CGC'd run on my Hulk's I would do so. For now I am happy to just have the run and be able to read it whenever I want. Condition does matter to me, and I would say on the whole my entire run is about 7.0. My early books are in the 3.0 range to keep them affordable, I am proud of my TTA, I have quite a few 8.0-9.0's including my 90-91 ( first abomination! and 93 Surfer )

Recently ( 6 months ago? )read the whole thing, and I have to say the recent Planet Hulk stuff is argueably the best Hulk has ever been.

Kudos to Marvel for such an awesome storyline. World War Hulk had immense promise, and when he brings his ship to Manhatten and displays a pulped Black Bolt I had chills! Since then it has fizzled to me, I actually wish Hulk HAD crushed Amadeus Cho to prove that he is the monster they sent away. Anyways.....

Now I am into my Daredevil run for reading, up to 260ish. The run lost alot of steam from the Miller issues end in issue 232 to when Typhoid mary returned

( really enjoying that story arc with JR Jr art ). But issues around 240ish were absolute garbage.

Artboy99