• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this 181...

8 posts in this topic

Front cover grade: VF 8.0

Major detractors include blunting of top right corner, cover overhangs inner guts along the outer edge (apparent by white luminous line running just above the Hulks left arm), 4 impact dings along the spine, and some staining near the "He's Here.. First Canadian Superhero" overture along the spine.

The smoothing effect of the jpeg image makes it really difficult to get a really good close-up look at the spine, as the dings that I mentioned above, as well as the staining may also have been an artifact of the scan itself. If they are artifacts of the scanner, then the book might grade as a VF + 8.5.

I agree with Comicwiz and DiceX. Comicwiz was extemely thorough here and I can't add anymore.

Maybe I'll get to the next one before he does. frown.gif

I am wondering, is it the scan or does the comic have as much surface wear at the top as the image seems to show? I don't think the wear would effect this as a VF, but it's unusual considering the condition of the rest of the comic.

Sooooo...just curious?