• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree list and history thread

56 posts in this topic

I thought it would be nice if there was a list of the different pedigrees and the back ground history on them for reference. Links to other sites welcome.

I just saw an Aurora Pedigree book and never heard of that one before. I don't collect Pedigrees, but would like to start getting a few different ones based on the books' history. Please list away and give as much or as little info you have on the pedigree.

No descriptions, but here is the complete list of pedigrees

Allentown

Aurora

Bethlehem

Big Apple

Boston

Bowling Green

Carson City

Central Valley

Chicago

Cosmic Aeroplane

Crowley

Curator

Davis Crippen “D” Copy

Denver

Don Rosa Collection

Don/Maggie Thompson Collection

Edgar Church (Mile High)

Gaines File Copy

Green River

Hawkeye

Kansas City

Larson

Lost Valley

Mass. Copy

Mohawk Valley

Northford

Northland

Nova Scotia

Oakland

Ohio

Okajima

Pacific Coast

Palo Alto

Pennsylvania

Recil Macon

River City

Rockford

Salida

San Francisco

Spokane

Twilight

Vancouver

Western Penn

White Mountain

Windy City

Winnipeg

I'm eagerly awaiting this book. waits.gif

Matt mentioned recently that very soon the entire Allentown chapter of the book will be posted for critique on his pedigree website.

Should be fun to finally see, something. :/

Ze-

I thought it would be nice if there was a list of the different pedigrees and the back ground history on them for reference. Links to other sites welcome.

I just saw an Aurora Pedigree book and never heard of that one before. I don't collect Pedigrees, but would like to start getting a few different ones based on the books' history. Please list away and give as much or as little info you have on the pedigree.

Aurora is a collection known for it's Atomic Age books, although the collection spans from the early 40s (Golden Age) to the late 50s (Silver Age). It surfaced in 1996 when a kid sold some books to Casataway Comics in Aurora, Colorado. The collection didn't hit the market at large until it was sold to Bill Hughes. Books from the collection have a black or red "D" or "A", or can have a "C" along with numerals.

What happened to Circle 8?

Circle 8 is a HUGE collection that spans from 190 to 1975. It consists of about 90,000 books with many multiples (Four copies of Avengers #1, five copies of ASM #1 and so on). Books from the 1950s tend to have more copies than superhero Silver Age books--there were over 100 copies of the same issue in many cases. Edward Kerber was the OO, and acquired the collection by buying out newsstands and overstock. It surfaced in 1989, when it was discovered by Bulldog Collectibles. As a side not, most of the books do not have an "8" on them.