• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman Cover on Ebay

31 posts in this topic

(shrug) probably because the reserve is so ridiculously high that it will not sell. Interesting to see what the final bid price will be I guess, though its hard to ascertain how many serious bidders will be there knowing the reserve is probably realistically unreachable.

I never noticed that Aunt May had such pronounced "man-hands"

C

I assume you are joking and know that is Silver-Mane. :gossip:

yes I was lol ....but I know that it made at least a couple folks do a double/spit-take when they looked. :kidaround:

C

The market on Amazing Spiderman is pretty much tied up. You almost never see ANY cover pages and when you do they reflect the lack of material.

This is one example where the demand for the character exceeds that of the art. many spiderman collectors who don't collect comic art would love to own an early original Spiderman cover.

The market on Amazing Spiderman is pretty much tied up. You almost never see ANY cover pages and when you do they reflect the lack of material.

This is one example where the demand for the character exceeds that of the art. many spiderman collectors who don't collect comic art would love to own an early original Spiderman cover.

Well of course Adam - I agree with you all the way. But if people here are saying 40k is clearly too much, what's the right amount? 20k? 25? 30? Naturally its a guessing game but I'm interested to see where people peg it at. I really have no idea if that cover is worth 20k or 35. And that's a pretty big difference...

I agree. These covers below issue #101 are worth more than folks think, as the large art covers are now approaching 100K, and we've seen more and more interior pages (Kirby/Sinnott FF, Killing Joke, Ditko Spidey, etc.) hitting the 30K+ range.

This particular cover looks clean, with minimal white-out, and has Spidey battling. Granted there's no "main" villain, and the Spidey image is small, but I can't see this cover going for less than 50K.

Well of course Adam - I agree with you all the way. But if people here are saying 40k is clearly too much, what's the right amount? 20k? 25? 30? Naturally its a guessing game but I'm interested to see where people peg it at. I really have no idea if that cover is worth 20k or 35. And that's a pretty big difference...

Well with so little material its pretty unstable and hard to nail down a price. I'm no expert but from past sales and asking prices I'd say 60k+

Well with so little material its pretty unstable and hard to nail down a price. I'm no expert but from past sales and asking prices I'd say 60k+

well then I think we have a candidate for your question on worst art / highest price :) I've never been a huge romita fan (except of his romance stuff which suited his style) but I think even the biggest fan could agree that's a mediocre cover at best. Not his best work.

So why hasn't the Romita ASM cover on Comiclink sold??

The original asking on it was 25K less than a year ago - and another cover (the one in London) sold in the 30K range - so where are these valuations coming from?!?

Excellent points David.

There is perception and reality. Sometimes they meld into one another. Sometimes they do not.

It certainly depends on what you watching at the time.

Unfortunately, it looks like someone will pay a good sum for this cover. Part of the reason for such a purchase would likely be because that person is not aware of the other avenues through which to obtain such a cover.

But that doesn't mean it will be worth the final bidding price.

Also, from what we've seen on eBay (and the presence of peculiar bidding activity on this particular auction already), it doesn't mean that the cover will have actually sold for the final amount, even if it meets reserve.

- A