• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who should pay?

17 posts in this topic

Just got an email from ComicLink,

Hi Tim;

This book arrived with a crack across the bottom of the holder on the back. The seller may not want to pay to reholder it given the market value of $90.

Now the book is a Cap 108 cgc 9.2 Boston Pedigree. I really dont think the final price should be taken into consideration if it should be reholdered or not. Now ae they trying to say I will have to pay for it to be reholdered after just paying $114 afte shipping and their fees to now pay about $50 more for it to be reholdered and shipped to and from. Who should pay?

Agreed.

If the book is not damaged the correct thing to do is have the seller reslab it at his/her cost and send you the book crack free.

Accidents do happen but they certainly can be corrected.

Typically, ComicLink or Pedigree Comics will send it off to be re-holder for the seller and only charge the actual re-holdering fee.

I purchased a book from Doug that came in cracked and he had it fixed and charged the seller.

To correct myself, its not $50 to reholder.

right, it is $9-$11 to clink (or any dealer account) for them to reholder + shipping costs to and from cgc, so still at least $30 to reholder one book

rick

The seller shouldn't have to reslab it.The seller should have the option of either reslabbing it or calling off the deal.The buyer should be able to call off the deal,as well.Niether party should be forced to pay $50 to make right a $114 deal.

if you're anything like me you are boned! I'm currently trying to get my cash back via paypal from this guy ( different seller not same as you lol) also what is this you are doing?.. You are dealing with a 3rd party shiping or something?..

Also was there insurance?.. If so you could try and get that from it since it was damaged during the ship!

brokecgc1.jpg

also what is this you are doing?.. You are dealing with a 3rd party shiping or something?..

No, That dont always have the book in their possession. So the seller sends the book to them, then they send it to me.I would ask if the book is damaged but will they really be able to tell? I guess If they dont reslab for me I will just take it and get it reholdered myself. I will submit it at a show to atleast save on shipping to CGC.