• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The deepset, darkest blue I have ever seen on a Marvel #1

49 posts in this topic

My question is has the cover "shrunk" from the cleaning?

I doubt it, if anything they tend to grow. :eek:

Ze-

Strange, I heard the opposite.

R.

now, compare the comiclink scan to the 3 heritage scans, and the cover is not "that" blue in the heritage scans...so, I am unsure if Josh just has a better scanner, or what?

Not sure about Josh's scan. If anything it looks dark. Here it is lightened up, no contrast of color enhancemanet.. just brightened up. The blues look more in line with Richies crahppy 6.0.. :jokealert:

And yes, Good Luck Rick!.. you can tell us how it looks once you have it in your mitts. :wishluck:

Ze-

C-Links scan

marvel1-1.jpg

Same scan lightened, probably closer to what the book looks like in person.

marvel1.jpg

Regardless, it's still a sharp copy!!

Go get'm Rick (thumbs u

now, compare the comiclink scan to the 3 heritage scans, and the cover is not "that" blue in the heritage scans...so, I am unsure if Josh just has a better scanner, or what?

Not sure about Josh's scan. If anything it looks dark. Here it is lightened up, no contrast of color enhancemanet.. just brightened up. The blues look more in line with Richies crahppy 6.0.. :jokealert:

And yes, Good Luck Rick!.. you can tell us how it looks once you have it in your mitts. :wishluck:

Ze-

C-Links scan

marvel1-1.jpg

Same scan lightened, probably closer to what the book looks like in person.

marvel1.jpg

Regardless, it's still a sharp copy!!

Go get'm Rick (thumbs u

I'm on it!

rick

Ze-

R.

My bad Roy, I didn't mean to imply that it doesn't happen. But after wet washing a cover you can risk it growing for obvious reasons. Sadly, I was guilty of doing it more then a few times myself. :blush:

Ze-

.......now this is how this book is supposed to look! (and yes, I know the cover was cleaned---but that doesn't make the blue any dark blue-er )

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2008jan29%26pg%3D4%23Item%5F731156&id=731156

It's the scan...............As far as shrinkage, I think a cover tends to rehydrate initially and then it could dry up and shrink a bit. It might depend on a lot of different factors, including paper stock, chemicals used and the skill of the person doing the cleaning.

The blues look more in line with Richies crahppy 6.0

the book is Billy's. Ricky merely owns it.

(tsk)

The money is Ricky's, Billy is merely spending it!

.......now this is how this book is supposed to look! (and yes, I know the cover was cleaned---but that doesn't make the blue any dark blue-er )

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2008jan29%26pg%3D4%23Item%5F731156&id=731156

It's the scan...............As far as shrinkage, I think a cover tends to rehydrate initially and then it could dry up and shrink a bit. It might depend on a lot of different factors, including paper stock, chemicals used and the skill of the person doing the cleaning.

Wow you sure know a lot about shrinkage! :sick:

Wow you sure know a lot about shrinkage! :sick:

Have you been talking to my wife again?

Ze-

R.

You heard correctly.

Yes yes... everyone's correct. Dry a wet cover incorrectly and it can either shrink or grow :P

ok and what is this collection? sorry but i am new in the hobby

Welcome!

Here is some good reading regarding pedigrees:

Comic Pedigrees.com

Look around and memorize everything on the site--quiz at 10am :sumo:

Im ready :hi:

....oh wait hm what was Larson's first name...um um LARRY thats right! Oh yeah baby 100% here I come :cool: