• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You want crazy ? Ill show ya crazy.

29 posts in this topic

Well, it is a minor key of sorts.

300 isnt too wacky imo.

I would have to agree. You don't see too many of these pop up in 9.6 so I can see it getting this high of a price.

Would I pay it? No. But I have paid more than I wanted to on some books in the past just due to scarcity/grade and I wanted it :grin:

Wow, rounded corners and water stain = 9.8 :screwy:

I know it's a 99% chance it's an optical illusion with the scan but it looks like a water stain doesn't it?

I know it's a 99% chance it's an optical illusion with the scan but it looks like a water stain doesn't it?

It does look like a water stain, but I am sure it is the ad on the inside cover or the splash page.

It does look like a water stain, but I am sure it is the ad on the inside cover or the splash page.

Tough to see the splash page thru the microchamber paper.....no? :baiting:

He may have meant that the first page is a splash page and the microchamber paper CGC puts in the book is known to "show" the items through the cover.

Haven't ever looked closely at a slabbed book so I don't know if the scanning really brings it out or what.

He may have meant that the first page is a splash page and the microchamber paper CGC puts in the book is known to "show" the items through the cover.

Haven't ever looked closely at a slabbed book so I don't know if the scanning really brings it out or what.

Just giving Watson a hard time. ;)

Definately the inside cover. Micro Chamber paper makes the cover translucent.

Ink transfer stain from the first page.

I'd be pizzed if I bought a 9.8 with a big one of those. :censored:

My 9.6 had the same thing

3AVENGERS196FC.jpg

My 9.6 had the same thing

3AVENGERS196FC.jpg

I had a 9.6 ASM 140 with those red inks leaking through the front and back white covers.

Never thought a 9.8 would get away with that... (shrug)