• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Prompted This?

39 posts in this topic

Graphic banners in signatures (and in posts in general) would compete with our sponsors' paid advertisements on the site.

Also, in general, we like to keep the size of signatures reasonable because the boards could become unreadable with so many large graphics on a page.

We have contacted a couple of users in recent months to remove banners from their signatures and we thought it made sense to add it to the guidelines so that everyone is aware of it.

Makes sense to me. It is a commercial website and forum. Their sandbox their rules.

Those pesky Robert Frost quotes should be next. :sumo:

:boo:

I'm bettin' she just added "avatars with christmas hats" to the list of "Find A Way To Ban This Guy" posted on the fridge in the CGC breakroom.

Soooo, I'm guessing that the new sig I was about to add would be a "no-go"?

eatatjoes.gif

:jokealert:

Does Joe sell books? hm

It's a euphemism for "Get Your Books Slabbed Here"

Soooo, I'm guessing that the new sig I was about to add would be a "no-go"?

eatatjoes.gif

:jokealert:

Does Joe sell books? hm

It's a euphemism for "Get Your Books Slabbed Here"

There's probably a lot of slabbing going on in your sig as well. :makepoint:

Seriously. Whoever posts these retarded things should get a strike against them as they are 10x more annoying then huge banners in peoples signatures.

Good thing we re not in Japan I hear they get seizures from seeing these things.

What "retarded things"?

1) Flashing .gifs?

2) Posts that gripe about flashing .gifs?

3) Posters with Heisman Throphy campaign sig lines?

:baiting:

Graphic banners in signatures (and in posts in general) would compete with our sponsors' paid advertisements on the site.

Also, in general, we like to keep the size of signatures reasonable because the boards could become unreadable with so many large graphics on a page.

We have contacted a couple of users in recent months to remove banners from their signatures and we thought it made sense to add it to the guidelines so that everyone is aware of it.

So the answer is: Greed!

So banners/graphics are allowed unless you're using them to sell something in competition with CCG advertisers?

Jim

That's the way I read it. So it's not about clogging up the screen, it's about eliminating graphic ads for competitors. They own the site, they make the rules.