• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Blue Label 4.5 Superman # 1 Just up on Ebay.

100 posts in this topic

The buyer is: cyrusjewelers10950 Mostly very small stuff. Doesn't look right to me. $52,600 was the final number. I hope this is a legit. buyer. Something tells me it's a bit fishy though.

I have emailed afshin that if the winner is a "thrill" bidder, to let me know, as I am still interested in the book (just not at that price!)

gator

Dont think you guys are rigt. Even though i sold it and dont own it anymore, it definetly deserved the grading. What ever it lacked in the front poge more than was made up for by the interior and back cover. If not for the cover it was easily a 6+. sacentaur saw the book and he agreed with the grading(anyways thats what he said to me).

Dont think you guys are rigt. Even though i sold it and dont own it anymore, it definetly deserved the grading. What ever it lacked in the front poge more than was made up for by the interior and back cover. If not for the cover it was easily a 6+. sacentaur saw the book and he agreed with the grading(anyways thats what he said to me).

the book looks technically like a VG+ to me......I think that foxing is a big turn off for a lot of collectors, VS. color breaking creases or spine splits, which can also make a VG+ a VG+. Foxing is just down right unattractive ( nothing against your book ).

Think you will stick around and keep posting in our little world here afmon?

Steve

I don't know if "if not for" is the right way to look at grading. After all, the front cover is a big part of the grade. There are some dealers who use that rational. "If not for a two inch tear this book is a vg/fine". Well, that doesn't work for me, because there is a two inch tear that brings the grade down to a vg. See what I mean.

Not as worst as that Action 1 graded as a 2.5 with that huge piece missing on the FC

Right. I think the Action 1 is a case of:

1. Large piece off of FC, Otherwise 2.5.

2. Someone knew someone.

3. Icon grading bump.

4. All of the above

What do you guys think?

The above Action 1 mentioned was a 1.5 to 2.0 to me

I think 1.8 would be "ok", but I would lean more towards 1.5...on a bright sunshinny day, I would consent to a 2.0!

I don't know if "if not for" is the right way to look at grading. After all, the front cover is a big part of the grade. There are some dealers who use that rational. "If not for a two inch tear this book is a vg/fine". Well, that doesn't work for me, because there is a two inch tear that brings the grade down to a vg. See what I mean.

Thats exactly my point. It was to be a FN+ and the "2 inch tear" brought it down to the VG.

the book looks technically like a VG+ to me......I think that foxing is a big turn off for a lot of collectors, VS. color breaking creases or spine splits, which can also make a VG+ a VG+. Foxing is just down right unattractive ( nothing against your book ).

Think you will stick around and keep posting in our little world here afmon?

Steve

I like the board and will pop up from time to time. Always looking for an investment also.