• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advantage or Disadvantage of having an eBay Store?

11 posts in this topic

Advantages:

yesterday, today and tomorrow - free listing days in the store, also always penny gallery days. Joanna mentioned this before but, sometimes I pull my store items for a live auction - real easy and convenient. you can sell items at price you set and don't count on the generosity of who happens to peruse your auction listing.

You can sell items from store as ad ins to auction wins to combine on shipping. People tend to buy more in order to "feel" they get a better deal on combined shipping.

It can be used as a display case of your items. Put items at obscene prices in there if you really never want to sell it and just show it off tongue.gif If it's worth 5 cents for you to do so wink.gif

I think the cost of 9.95/month to keep one open is easily recouped and worth much more to you by way of exposure - for instance when you do searches for something specific - "cent variants", "ultimate Spider* 1 + white", "CGC 9.8", "CGG*" (this one's strictly for flipping candidates)...you always get some stores on the left side of the page links...I've seen my store pop up for "cent variants" search and I only had 3 of the same listed 35 centers in there. Can't hurt...

I think the cost of 9.95/month to keep one open is easily recouped and worth much more to you by way of exposure - for instance when you do searches for something specific - "cent variants", "ultimate Spider* 1 + white", "CGC 9.8", "CGG*" (this one's strictly for flipping candidates)...you always get some stores on the left side of the page links...I've seen my store pop up for "cent variants" search and I only had 3 of the same listed 35 centers in there. Can't hurt...

And this is why I nominated YOU for MOST INFORMATIVE thumbsup2.gif

I just sold a store item today. One of the cool things about a store is that you never know when the sale is going to come. It's like finding some cash in the pocket of your winter coat on that first chilly autumn day -- money you didn't know you had, but is always welcome.

And I love relisting store items, because it's almost no work at all, and I nearly always sell a couple from the relist. I have about 200+ photos in my store and when it's penny gallery day, I pull about 20 of them, list them as auctions, and usually sell 3 or 4. It also pulls photo buyers into my store, so I tend to get store purchases when I have a lot of photos up for bid.

The comic I sold today from the store was directly related to the comic auctions I've been running (he told me so). He didn't want what I had for bid, but he found an item in my store and went for it.

I usually make around $50.00 a month on the store, not counting items that are relisted at auction (and about 90% or more of the itmes in my store are marked $6.95, so we're talking several sales). It makes my outlay back in sales, and the convenience of being able to shunt items from the store to live auction is unquantifiable, and profitable.

It's a great set-up!

-- Joanna

I just sold a store item today. One of the cool things about a store is that you never know when the sale is going to come. It's like finding some cash in the pocket of your winter coat on that first chilly autumn day -- money you didn't know you had, but is always welcome.

And I love relisting store items, because it's almost no work at all, and I nearly always sell a couple from the relist. I have about 200+ photos in my store and when it's penny gallery day, I pull about 20 of them, list them as auctions, and usually sell 3 or 4. It also pulls photo buyers into my store, so I tend to get store purchases when I have a lot of photos up for bid.

The comic I sold today from the store was directly related to the comic auctions I've been running (he told me so). He didn't want what I had for bid, but he found an item in my store and went for it.

I usually make around $50.00 a month on the store, not counting items that are relisted at auction (and about 90% or more of the itmes in my store are marked $6.95, so we're talking several sales). It makes my outlay back in sales, and the convenience of being able to shunt items from the store to live auction is unquantifiable, and profitable.

It's a great set-up!

-- Joanna

...And that is why I nominated YOU as Most Informative! thumbsup2.gif

-J