• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 27 comming up at Heritage.

119 posts in this topic

So I should be flattered?

Being offered a moderatly restored Tec 27 for 65k is hardly flattering.

Sounds like the book is reserved for there stupidest customers to me.

A tec 27 IS in my future,but not this baby.

What do you think is fair for a moderate resto Tec 27? 50K? 45K?

an unrestored 6.0 will cost considerably more than $65k.

I would see it in the 140 -160k range.

Man, I was gonna say! I was getting ready to whip out my check book to buy a blue label 6.0 Detective 27 for only $65K!

an unrestored 6.0 will cost considerably more than $65k.

I would see it in the 140 -160k range.

Man, I was gonna say! I was getting ready to whip out my check book to buy a blue label 6.0 Detective 27 for only $65K!

yeah me too, but then my checkbook said "what the hell do you think you're doing?" and so i put it back into its safe place

It also says in the desciption that the pages were trimmed, to fit the cover better. :o

Could this be the 'Tec that was recently found by Todd? Anyone have a pic they can post?

R.

Surprisingly they don't have any of the items from the catalog listed on the website, it's just a special offering set sale catalog.

The Tec #27 is noted in the catalog by Matt as being in VG prior to his work - which kind of blows my mind. I'm hoping he's meaning VG with some amateur restoration (including the trimming), as a solid VG would already be a 65K+ book, no need to restore it to bring the price to that level.

I rather like some of the pre-Columbian art in the catalog, but it's definitely got an eclectic mix from all the categories Heritage deals with from jewelry to stamps to civil war to baseball.

Surprisingly they don't have any of the items from the catalog listed on the website, it's just a special offering set sale catalog.

The Tec #27 is noted in the catalog by Matt as being in VG prior to his work - which kind of blows my mind. I'm hoping he's meaning VG with some amateur restoration (including the trimming), as a solid VG would already be a 65K+ book, no need to restore it to bring the price to that level.

I rather like some of the pre-Columbian art in the catalog, but it's definitely got an eclectic mix from all the categories Heritage deals with from jewelry to stamps to civil war to baseball.

just to clarify, a solid VG with no work is a $100K++ book, easy....I know of a cgc 3.0 blue that is changing hands in the $90K range

so, it had to of already been trimmed? (shrug)

gator

So what....you and Peter ( Action1Kid ) are the "special ones" who got the catalog? :baiting: What are the rest of us.....chopped liver? :P

My guess is that all of their "legacy" customers got a copy.

:hi: (though, I think you have to spend a certain $ level)...

1Koko's is probably in the mail!

So what....you and Peter ( Action1Kid ) are the "special ones" who got the catalog? :baiting: What are the rest of us.....chopped liver? :P

My guess is that all of their "legacy" customers got a copy.

:hi: (though, I think you have to spend a certain $ level)...

1Koko's is probably in the mail!

Not spent enough on Heritage