• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sacramento Comic Book Show - Sunday, Dec. 10

12 posts in this topic

The jury's still out for me on this. I was kind-of planning on going, but then a fellow boardie offered me a pricey and rare book that would sink any funny-book purchases for a while.

I'm five minutes from the Scottish Rite Temple, so the decision to go or not go can be delayed up to the very last nanosecond.

A maybe for me

It seems to cater to a mostly anime/manga/cosplay crowd. But I can usually find a few books that I want.

Ron Lim is there and one of my collecting goals is to get a Lim Surfer and/or Thanos page. Maybe it will happen this Sunday.

You're not kidding. I haven't been to the con since last year at this time and the direction has definitely changed. I went in looking for 5 specific books (not rare hard to find types) and came up with nada.

My 8 year old was happy though, we found a guy selling "rare"/holographic Pokemon cards for a small fraction of their highest prices. My son had never seen them (a little behind the timeline for popularity - good for him and me!), so it worked out in the end. I'm not in a rush to go back to the next one. Looking forward to Wondercon...

Deuce

It seems to cater to a mostly anime/manga/cosplay crowd. But I can usually find a few books that I want.

Ron Lim is there and one of my collecting goals is to get a Lim Surfer and/or Thanos page. Maybe it will happen this Sunday.

You're not kidding. I haven't been to the con since last year at this time and the direction has definitely changed. I went in looking for 5 specific books (not rare hard to find types) and came up with nada.

I attended the Sac-Con on Sunday and this was exactly what happened. I was looking for a few Walking Dead issues, a What-If 105, some DC Bronze Horror in VF or higher, and a Batman - Hollywood Knights #2 which I just purchased some original Giordano art from.

I was shut-out on all of thse rather basic (and mostly modern) wants. It was nice to see so many kids there but they were there for pretty much everything except the comics (manga, anime, cards, Japanese candy, and toys). Oh well, I had low expectations and they were met.

Oh, and Ron Lim was nowhere to be seen. :(

I should have two tables at the March show. I figure with all the work I'll put into sorting and pricing for Wondercon I should do the Sacramento show too.

I was going to say that this would give me a reason to go but realized that I will be in LA for a teacher conference.

But I will definitely pay your booth a visit at WonderCon! (thumbs u