• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM #83

53 posts in this topic

Looks like a nice 3.0/3.5 to me and if I'd had the money I'd make an offer to you right now.

That's just the grade I buy early Marvels in for reading... juggle.gif

Yes get it CGC'ed.

You'll make more than the $40 it will cost you to get it slabbed because you'll get more bids (assuming you are selling on eBay).

273988-JIM83.jpg

absolutely...

Love Thor. Reread the early Journeys in the Masterworks recently... GREAT stuff!

This kills me. I was NOT a huge comic book reader as a kid but I distinctly remember reading both JIM 83 and FF1 as a kid. They had to be first printings as I was about 12 years old, which would be about 1962ish. And lord I don;t even remmeber DOING anything with them after I read them. When I inherited my folks' house in the early 80's I did a huge sweep and came up with a 50's Katy Keene in the attic of the "house next door" (it was a side-by-side duplex). But nothing of my early readings.

Reprints are ok.

But there's nothing quite like holding the actual book in your hands and giving it a read.

Often when looking through an old book, I have to stop and wonder about it's history.

Who bought it new?

How many times was it read?

How many people have owned it?

Things like this can't be reprinted.

Yes, I would slab the book for resale.

As clean as that book is, it will sell for a premium over whatever the number the slab gets.

As long as it's blue.

But there's nothing quite like holding the actual book in your hands and giving it a read.

You see? That is what kills me and my wallet. I really agree with this. There is just nothing like holding and reading the original book. And often the reprints just lose that "old" quality. I have seen many reprints with paper whiter than EVEER was used in the old days and correspondingly brighter inks. Just not the same thing. Dagnab....you get it.

he also ometimes post on these boards....you're losing it old man. 27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gifthumbsup2.gif

I don;t know - "onetimes" doesn't seem to be enough to make most folk notice! Should be "manytimes" no?

OK - enough with the yucks - under what name does he post here?