• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AT LAST!! Captain America Cover Day!!

15 posts in this topic

I've been buying less and less frequently, while trying to keep an eye out for only pieces I hope to enjoy for a lifetime. Sometimes the temptation to impulse buy is great, when the Joneses are having art days left and right, but I've tried my best to stay disciplined!

So it was a great joy to open up a package and find this beauty today:

Captain America: The Chosen #3 Cover

I'm pleased to share the joy with you all! The excitement and payoff for those few pieces a year make all the waiting truly worthwhile.

J

You've done a real 180 in your collecting...I remember when you were having an "art day" seemingly every week!

For something like this, though, I can see where being disciplined has paid off. Congrats on an iconic cover, truly a wall piece.

You've done a real 180 in your collecting...I remember when you were having an "art day" seemingly every week!

Would that I could. God knows there's a lot of fantastic art out there, especially if you're willing to throw money at people to pry pieces away from them. But some semblance of reality has set in, and I'll just have to be picky the rest of my collecting days. The biggest break with my past was when I took a deep breath and said "It's art. It belongs on the walls. If it's not going there, I shouldn't be buying it." Everyone's expectation for their collection is different, but that's mine from here on out...

Excellent cover - really a piece of fine art!

Where do people go to purchase original art usually?

as per Bob Seeger, "backrooms, alleys, trusty woods".

Try CAF first. Then, and (in alphabetical order only, not implying anything), Spencer Beck, Hugo Brache (artguy) Mike Burkey (romitaman), Tom Horvath (TRHgallery), Mitch Itkowitz (graphiccollectibles), Joe Maddalena (profilesinhistory), Albert Moy, Anthony Snyder, and whoever runs Fanfare Sports/Entertainment.

That's off the top of my head, I am sure there are many other fine and reputable dealers. My apologies to those excellent dealers I've forgotten to list. The above list should keep you ocupied for a while, anyway.