• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Avengers #25 (with damage)

13 posts in this topic

What can I do about the ugly chunk in the middle? It looks like a kid dropped a sticky candy on it and then had another comic stick to it.

Suggestions on removing it? It looks like this cover is intact beheath it.

Would this take it down to about 2.5?

aveng25f.jpg

aveng25b.jpg

First off. Don't mess with that ugly spot. if you want to get it removed let a pro. do it. Ask them if it will affect it's designation as restored, qualified, etc. Then make a decision if you still want it to be removed. As is I would say 2.5 sounds about right.

It's not worth it to get a pro invovled. I wondered if there was something I could try myself.

it a 2.5 , perfect book to experiment on and see what you can do. If you improve it GREAT!, if you wreck it who cares? Isnt like it worth Hundreds of bucks.

Artboy99

So I removed the gunk as best I could. Not perfect, but not bad. How'd I do?

Improve the grade any? -Whitey

aveng25frepaired.jpg

Looks good ... 4.5-5.0 range ... just curious, what did you do? Cheese cloth? Wonder bread? (That's one of the first things that raised my eyebrows on these boards ... wad of Wonder Bread to rub off the black markings on books.)

Also, again just curious, and this is a general question for anyone not specifically Whitey, this something you'd expect to see disclosed if you came across it in a long box at a show?

Looks good ... 4.5-5.0 range ... just curious, what did you do? Cheese cloth? Wonder bread? (That's one of the first things that raised my eyebrows on these boards ... wad of Wonder Bread to rub off the black markings on books.)

Also, again just curious, and this is a general question for anyone not specifically Whitey, this something you'd expect to see disclosed if you came across it in a long box at a show?

Nothing so scientific.

I actually just used a razor blade to try and lift a corner of the stuff stuck to the cover. Once i was able get a bit up, I pulled with treezers very carefully. If it was going to take the cover with it I would stop. Mostly came off clean. One little area of abrasion. It's bettern than it was.

Whitey