• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandman Art Bonanza

23 posts in this topic

Check these out -- in the, admittedly short, time I have been collecting, these are the best Sandman interiors I have seen surface on eBay and they are both on at the same time. I may be mistaken, but it also almost looks like the same person (?) is the high bidder on both!

Ain't me, unfortunately...

Sandman Dolls House DPS

Sandman SOM Prologue

Yeah, the hot flash of activity on the SOM page seems to have gotten the owner of the DPS interested in capturing some of those dollars. BTW, Death is a stat in the final SOM panel, though it's not mentioned in the auction.

I'm hoping all the hot and heavy action on these auctions draws out some of the "hidden" Sandman art, though it always seems the folks who are "in the know" are those who have CAF galleries and are active in the community. But one can still hope...

:popcorn:

I'm hoping all the hot and heavy action on these auctions draws out some of the "hidden" Sandman art, though it always seems the folks who are "in the know" are those who have CAF galleries and are active in the community. But one can still hope...

That's the key element. As was recently mentioned on the L, many owners have art in thier collections that they do not have digital images of to share and as bountiful as CAF is, it is still just the tip of the iceberg.

The seller of the DPS USED TO have two PREACHER pages that were not displayed in her CAF a couple of months ago. And now, well, lets just say, they are currenly on display in someone elses CAF :devil: .

There is always hope . . .

This page saw the light of day for the first time in the spring of 2006 -- ended up around $1,600 and the reserve was not met.

Yep, came in second last time on it :)

Looking at the bidding pattern I thought one or both Sandy auctions we're looking shilled, but working it out it just looks like a very intent genuine bidder (with an exchange rate advantage).....still the disguised bidders are disconcerting.

It's a nice one, though I didn't realize the last panel was a stat.

Ditto on that, it had a larger pic before and didn't see it. Omission is pretty common unfortunately (or overly flattering pics).

Looking at the bidding pattern I thought one or both Sandy auctions we're looking shilled, but working it out it just looks like a very intent genuine bidder (with an exchange rate advantage).....still the disguised bidders are disconcerting.

Yeah, that o***o with 37 feedback is one intent bidder. They're bidding on the Death page now as well.

I passed on the SOM page a year and a half ago for several reasons. The ebay price was a little bit higher than it was offered to me for after the auction ended RNM. Funny how the market changes in such a short period of time.