• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #619 - 3 Different covers. Which one is rarer?

46 posts in this topic

I think its the one with Batman and Gang that has the red tint. (So I've been told by two dealers)

But it really doesn't matter.Its not much harder to get that the others.

I think its the one with Batman and Gang that has the red tint. (So I've been told by two dealers)

But it really doesn't matter.Its not much harder to get that the others.

I thought the red tint was a Newsstand edition and very plentifull.

My comic shop told me, "if you want to read one, read this one" (handing me the red-tinted heroes cover, aka the newsstand edition). "The other ones are the collectible ones."

Then again, this is the same comic shop that woefully told me I'd missed Silver Surfer #2, which they'd sold out of...but which hasn't even been PRINTED yet in real-life.

For pop culture stores, it was a 50-25-25 split... the newstand edition is the most plentiful with 50%... the "Heroes" cover and the "Villains" cover are equal at 25%...

When the entire print run is considered, the newsstand version will actually be over 50% since there are still a few newsstand outlets selling it...

so why didn't you offer a "HUSH" run discount package starting with 608? 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

A year ago, I viewed this forum as an escape from my daily routine...

Today, this forum IS my daily routine...

893applaud-thumb.gif Thanks but where did you get your info.....Both stores I checked with said they got fewer of the red tint covers confused.gif

That's the proportion I had on my invoice, and I checked with a buddy of mine who ordered 600 copies, and his was 150-150-300 with 300 of the non-gatefold cover...

There may be regional differences... I remember a friend of mine got 13 White USM 1's and only 3 Reds... Of course it was right around then that his shipment from Diamond included a half-eaten piece of pepperoni pizza... (True Story!)

For pop culture stores, it was a 50-25-25 split... the newstand edition is the most plentiful with 50%... the "Heroes" cover and the "Villains" cover are equal at 25%...

When the entire print run is considered, the newsstand version will actually be over 50% since there are still a few newsstand outlets selling it...

as an FYI, my local shop sold out of all the Heroes and "Newstand-but-direct-edition-written-in UPC-Price-box, red tint" cover - a ton of Villains gatefold covers left..

I remember a friend of mine got 13 White USM 1's and only 3 Reds... Of course it was right around then that his shipment from Diamond included a half-eaten piece of pepperoni pizza... (True Story!)

i hope he didn't keep all 3 red covers and sold the white ones...what did you get BTW with USM? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

so why didn't you offer a "HUSH" run discount package starting with 608? 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

Who would offer a discount package when you could sell it for multiples? I'm going to post a 608-619(x3) set and start it at cover $31.50 and BIN at $55 tongue.gif

Who would offer a discount package when you could sell it for multiples? I'm going to post a 608-619(x3) set and start it at cover $31.50 and BIN at $55 tongue.gif

I just sold a package like this and got $52 for it, so that sounds very reasonable.

Alex

I remember a friend of mine got 13 White USM 1's and only 3 Reds... Of course it was right around then that his shipment from Diamond included a half-eaten piece of pepperoni pizza... (True Story!)

i hope he didn't keep all 3 red covers and sold the white ones...what did you get BTW with USM? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't recall, actually. I ordered less than a dozen copies, since every Spidey title being printed had sucked balls for about 3 years prior to that... But I jumped on the bandwagon HARD after reading issue 1... Ordered about 80 of #2 and well over 100 of 3 and 4 (I think around 150 of each)... I scaled back to about 30 extra copies for 5-13... Even though I never slabbed any, USM was very, very good to me... smile.gif