• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next week's Punisher...

8 posts in this topic

Finally had a chance to flip through next week's Marvels...

We've talked in another thread about this being the last story arc for Punisher before the big MAX relaunch with the New Year...

No spoilers, since it's not much of a spoiler to say that John McCrea can't draw Daredevil to save his life... but two things struck me... First was the inside back cover ad for the new Grateful Dead Greatest Hits CD, which apparently includes a Marvel Comics Replica Backstage Pass... thumbsup2.gif

The other was this line, addressed to the Punisher:

"I was just wonderin': anyone ever told you what a lousy, stupid, no-account psycho loser you are?"

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Finally had a chance to flip through next week's Marvels...

We've talked in another thread about this being the last story arc for Punisher before the big MAX relaunch with the New Year...

No spoilers, since it's not much of a spoiler to say that John McCrea can't draw Daredevil to save his life... but two things struck me... First was the inside back cover ad for the new Grateful Dead Greatest Hits CD, which apparently includes a Marvel Comics Replica Backstage Pass... thumbsup2.gif

The other was this line, addressed to the Punisher:

"I was just wonderin': anyone ever told you what a lousy, stupid, no-account psycho loser you are?"

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

'House? Did you see the Jimi Hendrix GN that came out this week? (I assume it was this week...)

Nope... sure didn't...

I did see that Marvel has freaked out about Avengers 71 though... Apparently they didn't realize it was a Mature Audiences book and now they are pushing back the release date by a week in a panic...

I think Hank and Jan run off to Vegas and there is an initial racy scene in the 1st three pages where they are barely clothed while basking in a post-coital glow...and then later on in the story there is either more of Hank beating on Jan or allusions to previous episodes of spousal abuse.

You know, more wholesome stuff for the kiddies... tongue.gif

Gene

I think Hank and Jan run off to Vegas and there is an initial racy scene in the 1st three pages where they are barely clothed while basking in a post-coital glow...and then later on in the story there is either more of Hank beating on Jan or allusions to previous episodes of spousal abuse.

You know, more wholesome stuff for the kiddies... tongue.gif

Gene

lol... not far from the truth...

More material not intended for the public that I am happy to provide: smile.gif

*** Marvel Content Advisory: Avengers #71 ***

At this time, Marvel has decided to delay the ship date of Avengers #71 by

one week. The book will now ship on October 15, and will be returnable.

Please treat this issue of Avengers as a mature readers issue.

While a PSR rated title, this issue of Avengers contains mature content in

the story, (specifically a sexual situation, and domestic violence) which

warrants an even stronger warning. The book was inadvertently not labeled

as containing mature content.

Marvel Comics respectfully requests that all Marvel First Look retailers

use discretion when deciding to display First Look copies of Avengers #71

(JUL031474D4).

Marvel apologizes for any inconvenience or difficulties that this

situation may have caused.

you left out the juicy stuff House...

The sexually suggestive scene in question relates to a scene with Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in bed, with the strong suggestion made, as a moist Pym is miniaturized and crawling up Janet’s body from under the covers that he used his shrinking powers in a manner that was most certainly not related to crime fighting.

The issue also contains a scene where it is revealed that long-time Avengers enemy Whirlwind beats up a prostitute dressed as the Wasp (Van Dyne’s alter ego), confesses that he has always been sexually attracted to her, and then licks her face while she’s unconscious.