• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare Schomburg find (Novel not Comic)

21 posts in this topic

Ok, so I was meeting up with TheDude yesterday for lunch at his LCS when all of a sudden my Trooper sense was tingling. I pulled out a book in a hard slipcase with a Schomburg Trooper cover. It was only $30 and it was something I've never seen before. I bought it without ever really taking note of the interior content, until I got home. Tell me what you think...and btw the signatures are real.

Front cover

ComicBookKiller3.jpg

Back cover

ComicBookKiller4.jpg

Interior cover flaps:

ComicBookKiller5.jpgComicBookKiller6.jpg

Info page:

ComicBookKiller8.jpg

Interior page that knocked my socks off:

ComicBookKiller7.jpg

Came with an ashcan:

ComicBookKiller.jpg

ComicBookKiller2.jpg

Vaughn, man what a sweet book !! Love that Ashcan cover and those signatures are unreal ! I can't believe something this cool was in my LCS, it was funny how you managed to pull out this book amoung the huge wall of TPBs and other hardbacks,. I can't think of a better guy to get it.

Nazis, Paratroopers, damsel in distress, and Alex Schomburg !?!?!?

it's got everything. nice pickup. :applause:

My friend Lupoff wrote an excellent story as well - i got one from him, well, almost 20 years ago, personalized to me - The Gangsters At War which comes with it is a hoot - he had a lot of fun putting this together.

His son Ken used to work for me in my Telegraph Ave Berkeley comic book store -

Great pick-up Vaughn. Give that book a read, it is actually a pretty good story.

Did you get the slip case with it? I think that whole set sold for more than $30 when it was new in the '80s.

I've got one, too. Great stuff! (thumbs u

We might be able to account for most of the 500 limited copies right here on the boards!