• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any low grade The Hulk #1's out there?

16 posts in this topic

"Are there any out there? "

Ask Lighthouse 27_laughing.gif

Don't worry, If you want a low grade copy, they are around.

LH's copy was alot nicer until you got your grubby hands all over it.... 27_laughing.gif

JK.... boo.gif

Wow...that sucks.

About 12 years ago at a con, I miss out on a very solid FA/G copy

893naughty-thumb.gif 15 yards for masking 893naughty-thumb.giftongue.gif

I suppose it would have been more pc had he said "homosexual copy"... insane.gif

Wow...that sucks.

I suppose it would have been more pc had he said "homosexual copy"... insane.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Supposing I wanted a very low grade The Hulk #1 w/o any restoration. What would that cost? I have no idea whatsoever, and I'm just curious. Are they expensive? Are there any out there? Thanks.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Some Incredible Hulk #1 auctions have shown up on eBay in low grades. Expect to pay $550 to $850 for a 1.5 or 1.8 issue. No 2.0 issues yet. Others:

2.5: $1,000

3.0: $1,100 (Several 3.0's are around)

3.5: $1,250

4.0: $1,700

There is an interesting anomaly in very low grade issues of key books. 1.5 issues often sell for more than 1.8 issues. Get the 1.8 issue. smile.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif C'mon Steve... didn't you see the part where he said he didn't want restoration? 893naughty-thumb.gif

We all know my copy has had some work done... That reminds me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It might be time to retape it again... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As for the 1.5 vs 1.8 question, you may be seeing an "eye appeal" adjustment being made. There are flaws that force a book into 1.5 that still permit the book to have much better eye appeal than a typical 1.8. Down at the bottom of the grades, folks are willing to sacrifice some structure for better eye appeal... So a nice-looking 1.5 will sell for more than an ugly 1.8...

Wow...that sucks.

sign-funnypost.gif

Funny...as I saw this coming as I was typing it... grin.gif

Strangely enough, for that $60 I didn't spend on that Hulk, I bought beautiful VF- copies of Showcase 35 and 36 for $30 each (and just missed out on the 34 by a few minuted for the sum of...: yep $60.00 !)