• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

? re Pep 22 innards

23 posts in this topic

The Archie story has been reprinted a number of times. The rest of the issue has not. You can get scans on CD from Shield's website www.goldcomics.com

As to price, a very low grade copy with (most of) a cover sold on ebay for $4K+ a little while ago. So the answer is probably less than that. The opening bid is nearly 50% of Guide 2.0...

Thanks.

The pages on this seem pretty nice. I'm wondering though what the likelyhood of finding a nice looking with maybe a missing centerfold or some other interior defect at a decent price is, so I could marry the cover with these pages. Pretty slim I'd imagine.

Why don't you just email Matt Nelson to see if he can recreate front/back covers complete with interior ads married to a coverless for $150? He offers that service for other GA keys like Bat #1. :baiting:

Not a bad idea - thanks!

(worship)

Didn't know that was a service he had.

No, but they really weren't a factor in the final price, so... (shrug)

I thought $1500 was about right for the book.

It was a decent copy, especially if someone had a cover. The PQ looked really good. Let's face it, Archie is right up there with Superman and Batman in the collective consciousness of the american people. He's a lot more important than most give him credit for.

The Archie story has been reprinted a number of times. The rest of the issue has not. You can get scans on CD from Shield's website www.goldcomics.com

I have the CD which includes Pep #22, and the quality is pretty good. Well worth the $10.00 if you want to see what the book looks like, and as a bonus you also get issues 23-26 (the entire disc includes issues 14-26)... or if you want it on DVD you can get Pep 1-65 on a single DVD for $45.00.