• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giant-Size Marvels

141 posts in this topic

I couldn't find a thread on these and even if there is one it has to be old. I just recently started picking these up and I think they are really nice. I will post a few pictures of the ones I have a little later, but who else likes these. Which ones are the hardest to come by?

I liked the Giant Size issues alot! :cloud9: Your going for them all? I think it was 69 issues. I dont collect in crazy high grade so none of them were really that hard to find. (the hardest ones i guess were Kid Colt) I am guessing your going after super high grade slabs. You should buy some nice raw ones and read them...You might start saying no to the slab. :headbang:

I just recently started picking these up and I think they are really nice.

Me too. I'm extremely proud of my Giant-Size Man-Thing. :banana:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. If I didn't do it somebody else would have.

As for hard to come by I think the Doc Savage, Chillers (the non Dracula #1) and the Westerns would be hardest to find, especially in HG. Although all feature reprints to some extent some are all reprints. As for new material the Avengers and Spider-Man issues are cool reads as well as the lone Invaders and of course X-Men #1.

I think the Kid Colts are tough ones then after that it`s just a few pricey ones.

If your looking to get slabed HG`s one of my favorite ebay sellers started getting his stuff graded and always seems to have GS 9.8`s up on the weekends. (thumbs u

I`ve picked up HG and mid grade mostly unslabed stuff myself.

P1010079.jpgP1010081.jpgGSsuperheroes21.jpgGSAvengers1.jpggsman-thing3.jpg

GSDoctorStrange1.jpgGSFF6.jpgGSHulk1.jpgGSMarvelTripleAction1.jpgGSInvaders1.jpg

chillers1.jpgGSdocS.jpgGScreatures.jpgsupervillain1.jpgGSThor1.jpg

I have a bunch more but i the like the GS`s because as a collection they cover a wide spectrum of marvel comics.

I like them. They're not at all hard to come by and I think CGC is generally very generous in grading them. The Kid Colts are considered the rarest and for me the Avengers have always been the toughest to find in true high grade. The perfect spine is the true quest on those things.

Don't think anyone else here would have said that they liked your Giant-Size Man-Thing... meh

Don't think anyone else here would have said that they liked your Giant-Size Man-Thing... meh

Greggy.... maybe.

I have some of the FF and the Avengers GS raw. The first two I picked up were the GS X-Men.

gsxmen96w.jpg

(worship) Great copy! (worship)

GS X-Men 1 has significant sentimental value to me. I love that book! As I am finishing up my Iron Man run, I decided to start collecting the GS books. I got a smoking deal on some books locally last week and the guy I bought the books from was very cool. He threw in some freebie books and one of them was GS Marvel Triple Action.

So now I've got the GS bug! :insane: Didn't I see a thread with some GS books in it a week or so ago...? hm

And there are fifty GS books according to the OSPG - fifty-six if you count the newer ones and the TPB from 2005/06.

I have some of the FF and the Avengers GS raw. The first two I picked up were the GS X-Men.

gsxmen96w.jpg

gsxmen298w.jpg

doh!

One thread....just one thread without an X-men cover.

Is that too much to ask! :wishluck: