• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four: What Happened?

10 posts in this topic

OK, so in the 5 years that I stopped collecting FF comics Marvel did that whole issue # switchover change and now I'm royally confused.

Anyone have a rundown by issue number on how the old series transfered over to the new series? If you know the dates of the mini-series in that area that would be great, but right now I'm still trying to figure ont the whole "Heroes Return" fiasco.

Man, marvel screwed everything up. I'm still trying to understand all the loose threads from the original series! 893frustrated.gif

I'll save my confusion over the Doctor Strange series for another day after i've read the last five years issues.confused.gif

And that last Micronauts series had no soul. mad.gif

Sam Atakra

http://www.atakra.com/

Briefly (as brief as I can be smile.gif), the original series (series 1) ran 416 issues. Then you have series 2 which ran for 13 issues. Then series 3 started with went on for 70 issues. Now, every issue thereafter, they are putting both the series 3 number and the numbering as if it was continual series 1 (including series 2 and series 3 issue numbers). Does that help? For example, issue 71 of series 3 is also called issue 500 which you can calculate by adding 416+13+71.

blame comics collectors!! If they were more of them around, Marvel wouldnt have had to resort to cheap transparent attempts to boost sales to the few readers who were left by rebooting their oldest titles with #1 issues!!!

And blame th eImage guys for leaving Marvel, making millions, screwing up their books and businesses, and having to come running back to Marvel to "re-create" the Marvel comics in the same old work-for-hire conditions they quit over, only this time as higher-priced "respected" talent who warranted a NEW START to the numbering out of that same "respect".

An dblame them for no staying power or stamina or sales boosts leading to them LEAVING teh books....followed by a NEW reboot and , you guessed it - - a NEW number 1 issue!!

thats how we got to where we are today.

Why did series 2 only run for 13 issues? And who can we kick in the nads really hard for making such a mess of the Fantastic Four's numbering?
that was that Heroes Reborn deal, after that whole Onslaught stuff. For a few issues in Vol3, the books had "Heroes Return" slapped on the top of the cover

A question then....

I'm currently in the process of databasing all my books. Avengers vol1, vol2, vol 3 etc.

What are the odds that Marvel will chuck the stupid volume 3 [!@#%^&^] and go back to printing JUST the 400+ numbers. (In which case, I'll want to enter these intot hte DBase with those numbers, instead of the series 3 #'s)

God this sucks! confused.gif