• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How far does a coupon cut out drop the grade??

16 posts in this topic

I picked up a stack of books recently, and I found that a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #137 has an interior coupon cut out. It does not affect the story (only another ad page). It is about 1.5" square. Were it not for this, the book is 9.0 or maybe even 9.2 :cry:.

So, how far does this drop the grade??

Would CGC give it a "Qualified"??

If it's that high a grade and doesn't affect the story then it will probably get a GLOD. Course that begs the question as to why you would slab such a book anyway. That GLOD is going to kill any resale. Better to sell it raw IMO.

Green label if your lucky.

Otherwise all the way down to the highest fair grade = 1.5

Now if the story is affected then it's down to 0.5 incomplete.

I doubt I would slab it, but I was curious what they would do with it. Forgive my ignorance, but what does GLOD stand for?? Thanks.

No problem I had no idea what some people were talking about when I first joined.

I would read a topic called:

"BIN ballpark FMV?"

I was like WTF?

1. Some of the local collectors I know will knock it down around 2.0 points. Not sure I completely agree with this. I'm of the mentality that if it's missing a cut coupon then it's probably going to be a 0.5 - 1.5. The only way I would consider paying more is if it's something eligible for a (Q). My ASM 129 has a cut coupon but it presents quite nicely (around a F/VF- give or take). If I ever try to sell it for an upgrade, I'd probably ask around G/VG. I only think this works if we're talking about keys though...

2. And Cap- when did YOU get a custom title???

I've seen CGC give both 1.5s and GLODs. It's a 1.5 more often than not. I got burned by this on a book recently. And they'll put "Incomplete" on the label too.

That said, I don't disagree. It just means there's the ocassional 1.5 out there that's REALLY nice.

Green label if your lucky.

Otherwise all the way down to the highest fair grade = 1.5

Now if the story is affected then it's down to 0.5 incomplete.

Are you serious about this?

No, but he's seriously wrong about it . . . :grin: