• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC First Annual Award Results!

45 posts in this topic

Congrats to the well-deserved winners!

I'll dig up my Halloween-comic-book-giveaway leftovers and send them to Comics4Kids in your names!! thumbsup2.gif

Congrats to the well-deserved winners!

I'll dig up my Halloween-comic-book-giveaway leftovers and send them to Comics4Kids in your names!! thumbsup2.gif

You are talking about four weeks from now, right? No reason your neighborhood kids should miss out on Halloween goodies...

I gave away a couple hundred last year, both at the shop and at the house... (not to be confused with 'House)

This year I ordered extra copies of about twenty different comics over the last five months for Halloween giveaways, plus I plan to give away a few hundred FCBD leftovers...

Last year the kids were given a choice between candy and comics and 80%+ chose comics. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Whoa! Do you give away copies of comics for Halloween? If you do, what an awesome idea!

Russ

Yep...one of the many positive ways I learned here on the forums to contribute to and promote this great hobby! thumbsup2.gif

I just cleaned out a bunch of boxes last month and sent about 120 books down to C4K, but I know I have at least 2 long boxes left of "unsorted 25-cents a pop" goodies that I've stuck out during our neighborhood garage sales that I'm going to use this Halloween...and like I said above, I'll donate some of the leftovers from those boxes in honor of this year's winners!

Whoa! Do you give away copies of comics for Halloween? If you do, what an awesome idea!

Russ

I done this the last 3 years. The kids are very receptive to it. Do have some candy (or chocolate) available just in case you have any really wee ones.

If you are looking for some cheap books, just go to your local comic store and see if they have a large quantity of the Superman 10 cent adventure, or the Fantastic Four 9 cent book. Or at worse, see if you can get a deal from their "25 cent bin" if you buy a large quantity (provided that they have one of these).

Just make sure the books aren't of the "mature" nature, or you might get the parents egging your house. foreheadslap.gif

Thank you, guys! I'm grateful and humbled. I must try to live up to this, which means never going to the water cooler, and remembering to keep my posts clean of profanity for once.

Again, my deepest thanks for such a kind and generous group.

um... I take it the thread got pulled? When I went to sleep, everyone was behaving fine! You guys are a wacky bunch.

-- Joanna

Thank you, guys! I'm grateful and humbled. I must try to live up to this, which means never going to the water cooler, and remembering to keep my posts clean of profanity for once.

um... I take it the thread got pulled? When I went to sleep, everyone was behaving fine! You guys are a wacky bunch.

-- Joanna

More and more like a family everyday........ tongue.gif

-- Joanna

flowerred.gifflowerred.gifhi.gif

-- Joanna

Yeah, it's all your fault... What the heck did you need sleep for anyway? You should try the Lovecraft method of creative writing. Eat lots of raw meat, do lots of drugs, stay up for weeks on end. You'll be dreaming up tentacled monsters in no time. thumbsup2.gif

And believe me, as ugly as the pic was that I used to get the thread pulled, the thread itself was worse... frown.gif