• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carmine infantino/jerry robinson--any 2008 shows?

17 posts in this topic

i ask because one of my grails (goals) is to have a CGC signature series copy of detective comics from every decade. i already have the 30's done, now i need to 40's. i figure the 50's and on will be easy, but as i was looking at the 40's, carmine appears to be the only living person to have worked on the book (he worked on a few issues in '49 that i know of for sure), so i figure i better not wait too long, or it will be too late.

i ask because one of my grails (goals) is to have a CGC signature series copy of detective comics from every decade. i already have the 30's done, now i need to 40's. i figure the 50's and on will be easy, but as i was looking at the 40's, carmine appears to be the only living person to have worked on the book (he worked on a few issues in '49 that i know of for sure), so i figure i better not wait too long, or it will be too late.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=43&Number=2052837&Searchpage=1&Main=104980&Words=+bedrockcomics&topic=0&Search=true#Post2052837

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=43&Number=2052837&Searchpage=1&Main=104980&Words=+bedrockcomics&topic=0&Search=true#Post2052837

perfect. thank you everyone.

Carmine Infantino will be the Comic Book guest of honor at Florida Supercon - www.floridasupercon.com - May 23 - 25, 2008 in Weston, FL. (Fort Lauderdale)

As well, CGC will have a booth at the show and will be accepting signature series books on site

We've just moved to a new beautiful 5 star resort with 2 PGA tournament golf courses on site and we're about 15 - 20 minutes west of Fort Lauderdale Beach.... so there are worse places to spend a weekend

:)

mike

Shelly Moldoff actually came to the last Florida Supercon...but never went to the creators ally, instead he hung out at one of the vendors booths and sparigly signed items. i was lucky to get two books signed.

Shelly requested to have his table be in the dealers room next to Phil's Comics as they are friends. I don't think Shelly will be doing any more shows as his health isn't what it once was.... but if you wanted to get a book signed by him - contact Phil at his shop and he may be able to hook it up.

Here's his info

PHIL'S COMIC SHOPPE

6512 W. Atlantic Blvd.

Margate, FL. 33063

Shelly requested to have his table be in the dealers room next to Phil's Comics as they are friends. I don't think Shelly will be doing any more shows as his health isn't what it once was.... but if you wanted to get a book signed by him - contact Phil at his shop and he may be able to hook it up.

Here's his info

PHIL'S COMIC SHOPPE

6512 W. Atlantic Blvd.

Margate, FL. 33063

Phil is, without a doubt, the nicest comic book dealer/shop owner in South Florida.

:headbang: