• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Book That Slipped Through Your Fingers...

38 posts in this topic

For 2007, what book did you lose at the last minute (or it was sold before you even knew about it) that made you want to :pullhair::frustrated::sumo::censored:rantrant:mad::(:cry:

I had some good pick-ups this year, BUT....

lost a JLA #45 CGC 9.4 on e-bay at the very last second... :cry:....so hard to find

Also, a JLA #74 (one of my favorite covers---Earth 1 superman vs. Earth 2 superman) in CGC 9.4 sold for $280 before I even knew about it :cry:

There's been a few...usually a BIN that got snapped up within a few hours of being put on ebay. A recent Black Cat 50 in FN+ for $475 springs to mind.

Not that many auctions where I've been outbid and regretted bidding higher though. There has to be a ceiling for every book.....

2 things:

1) A very reasonably priced Ebay lot of Gemstone Uncle Scrooge squarebounds that BIN'd a few hours before I made my daily search.

2) Just found out that 4 of the books in my want list in my sig were at Heritage in August. August was when I got back in to collecting after a few years off. If anybody knows who bought them, let me know please.