• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC's Golden Age grading. An outrage?

120 posts in this topic

So here it is, over three years later, and I never see any of you jerks who called me a "shill" posting in any of the comic threads I frequent.

Maybe the threads you frequent suck (shrug) As for the others not contributing anything, are you ing serious?! They've contributed more to these boards than you ever will. Hell, I've contributed more than you - and I haven't contributed :censored:

Your avatar is greatly appreciated!

Well, there's one thing lol

So here it is, over three years later, and I never see any of you jerks who called me a "shill" posting in any of the comic threads I frequent.

Maybe the threads you frequent suck (shrug) As for the others not contributing anything, are you ing serious?! They've contributed more to these boards than you ever will. Hell, I've contributed more than you - and I haven't contributed :censored:

Your avatar is greatly appreciated!

That's what I was going to say.

:D

Maybe the threads you frequent suck (shrug)

Not nearly as badly as those who called me a shill.

As for the others not contributing anything, are you ing serious?!

Very. I see pages and pages of idle chatter from them that would be better in a chat room.

:makepoint:

So here it is, over three years later, and I never see any of you jerks who called me a "shill" posting in any of the comic threads I frequent. In fact, I don't see you contributing content anywhere.

So which of us joined this board just to fight? You answer me that.

lol I actually went back and looked, thinking this would be a thread filled with people I didn't know. The only one I didn't know was Hepcat. The rest are kind of the 'who's who' of GA. I guess reality depends on the quality of crack you are smoking. :ohnoez:

lol I actually went back and looked, thinking this would be a thread filled with people I didn't know. The only one I didn't know was Hepcat. The rest are kind of the 'who's who' of GA.

Who's who perhaps, but not so much who's perceptive - let alone welcoming.

lol The world seems to be full of people nowadays who think their perception of what is real and unreal is superior to everyone else. Personally, I find there are so many more important things to get outraged at than comic book grading.

The comic book grading I can take with a grain of salt. But being called a shill still leaves me seething with anger.

Shill out, dude.

The next time someone says I have a problem letting things go, I'm linking this thread.

Yeah, admittedly I'm not big on this forgiveness thing.

rantrant

Everyone needs a little forgiveness from time to time.

I live through my son with hockey. He really seems to have a passion for it. I hope he continues with it. He's a lefty which is weird because he's right handed. I was told that Wayne Gretzky could play both left and right handed and this gave him an edge.

I am dreading the 7am games/practice.

My son loves playing hockey but I think he's more of a runner like me so we've signed him up for soccer this spring. He's a real athlete but he's a little to "nice" so I try to get him to be more aggressive. lol

My second oldest daughter wants to play either hockey or ringette but hasn't given it a whirl yet. We do play in the back yard every chance we get as the neighbour has a neighbourhood rink set up.

My youngest is the most aggressive of my 4 kids. She's "all out" whether it's soccer or hockey. She's also the first to get hurt but luckily she's the toughest of the bunch. We joke around sometimes about how she must not have any nerve endings. :insane:

Lou's son plays hockey and he's become quite the superstar. He plays goal (his choice), was headhunted for the JR Kitchener rangers team (the Rangers are a big deal here in town) and has been playing with them this year and now has been headhunted for a summer camp.

The little guy has quite a track record with many shutouts. Their team is going to get pulled apart for next year because they're steamrolling through the league this year.

Very. I see pages and pages of idle chatter from them that would be better in a chat room.

Where, in CG? That's par for the course. If you're talking about GA, then you're saying that out of spite. Many of the people that have posted in this thread are some of the most knowledgeable you'll find, and they've imparted that knowledge in numerous threads over the years.

The next time someone says I have a problem letting things go, I'm linking this thread.

rantrant

Go to a priest.

If you're talking about GA, then you're saying that out of spite. Many of the people that have posted in this thread are some of the most knowledgeable you'll find, and they've imparted that knowledge in numerous threads over the years.

Okay, I'll admit to the spite - but had I been seeing interesting/informative/helpful posts from these fellows in the GA forum in the last few months it would have lessened. (I'm not talking about Mr. Bedrock of course. He wasn't among those who sniped at me back then.)

(shrug)

The comic book grading I can take with a grain of salt. But being called a shill still leaves me seething with anger.

Seething? Seriously?

I got called a shill of Rockymyamadeus once. Probably the funniest thing anyone has ever called me on the boards...maybe even the ONLY thing I've been called on the boards.

If you take comic books and internet chat forums that seriously, you probably need to find a new hobby.

rantrant

Go to a priest.

That's not where the forgiveness comes from.

:P

Seething? Seriously?

I got called a shill of Rockymyamadeus once. Probably the funniest thing anyone has ever called me on the boards...maybe even the ONLY thing I've been called on the boards.

If you take comic books and internet chat forums that seriously, you probably need to find a new hobby.

You got called a shill of me...?

How terrible. :eek:

Well, it could have been worse...not by much, mind, but some...