• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the single rarest comic book?

123 posts in this topic

I'm just curious what everyone thinks is the absolute hardest to find in any grade rare comic book - doesn't necessarily have to be from the golden age. I mean this could be some obscure last issue (low print run) Nedor or something.

Forget ashcans and giveaways - I'm talking about what you think is the absolute rarest comic book that was on the newstands at some point.

Thoughts? I have no idea myself. Also, I don't mean rare "in grade". I mean just one of those books that just by finding a copy you're extremely lucky...

Mark Zaid would know better than me, but I would think some of the rarest comics and maybe even the rarest would be a Promotional Comic....they had very low print runs and distribution channels to start with, and then add to that how few copies survived...........

Amazing Man #26

Finally, a serious answer! Really? You think that's the toughest one, eh? How many copies have you ever come across?

None, or he would have bought it! Nothing stands between Gator and a funnybook he needs.

Mark Zaid would know better than me, but I would think some of the rarest comics and maybe even the rarest would be a Promotional Comic....they had very low print runs and distribution channels to start with, and then add to that how few copies survived...........

Were they on the newstands though? I'm not talking about giveaways, ashcans, or promotional items. I'm talking about ones put out by a publisher as a normal comic for sale. What's your vote, Steve? :whistle:

Amazing Man #26

Finally, a serious answer! Really? You think that's the toughest one, eh? How many copies have you ever come across?

None, or he would have bought it! Nothing stands between Gator and a funnybook he needs.

Mr Bedrock for Christmas you can send me that Blue Ribbon #10 you have for 1/2 off.

Amazing Man #26

other than Jb's copy, never even seen one , let alone one for sale...

Amazing Man #26

:applause:

Amazing Man #26

Mr Bedrock for Christmas you can send me that Blue Ribbon #10 you have for 1/2 off.

That old ratty thing?

Amazing Man #26

Got a scan? Does Bangzoom have this? Very interesting! How much would you pay for a VG copy?

Amazing Man #26

That old ratty thing?

Just give me the "NOD" and I send you Paypal. :P

Amazing Man #26

I'd say the same thing for Star Ranger #6. Again the only copy I've seen is JB's. Have never seen one for sale yet!!!!