• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merry Christmas Scammers

20 posts in this topic

'Tis the season for A-Holes:

ASM #1

ASM #1

ASM #1 & Tec #38

ASM #1

ASM #1

AF #15

On the 'Tec 38 auction I love the way he descibes it as the 2nd highest Restored grade, and underneath (directly underneath) proclaims....

100% UN-RESTORED OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

:roflmao: CLASSIC!

'Tis the season for A-Holes:

ASM #1

ASM #1

ASM #1 & Tec #38

ASM #1

ASM #1

AF #15

On the 'Tec 38 auction I love the way he descibes it as the 2nd highest Restored grade, and underneath (directly underneath) proclaims....

100% UN-RESTORED OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

:roflmao: CLASSIC!

lol

Just got a response from one of them, I asked for more detailed pics....and of course this is the answer I got:

"Dear vaughnwarren,

my scanner is acting up. the spine is good and the pages inside is nice. i paid more than 3000. for it 2 years ago. i just think it is a really good deal compared to everything else i have seen elswhere

- vicente_delu"

The last 2 are in Vegas, maybe a boardie from there should see if he can go look at the and see what the guy says.

They'll say that the books are already boxed up and ready to ship, and no pick ups are accepted because they will be afraid of "scammers".

As long as ebay doesn't care, there will always be scammers. Just ask to see if they accept local pickup... usually weeds out the scumbags.

I asked two of the auctions about local pickups; no responses yet.