• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Holiday WANT List!! -- (Watchmen, V, Cap, Batman, Alex Ross)

11 posts in this topic

Howdy All,

I figure it doesn't hurt to post my art want list in the hopes

someone is looking for some holiday cash ;) Please take my money?

Here it is:

Watchmen page featuring Ozymandias (second choice - Dr. Manhattan)

V for Vendetta page featuring V

Steve Epting Captain America Cover -- Would also consider a great

Epting splash of Cap or a nice Winter Soldier/Cap page.

Ultimates Vol. 1 - A Cap centric cover or great Cap interior.

Batman Hush page - Nice page prominently featuring Batman.

Batman - An iconic Batman cover. (any run considered)

Kingdom Come - Looking for an outstanding example from the book.

Other nice Alex Ross Batman or Green Lantern painted pieces considered.

That's good enough for now. Thanks for reading, and Happy Holidays to

all!!

Best,

Jonathan

I love Epting art on CA I consider myself luck to get the piece I got. The detail in person is fantastic.Good luck on your quest.

Mine is on display in my comicartfan gallery.

Here you go: More V!

Right you are!! Isn't it always the way that you post a want list and there are plenty of pages floating around that don't quite match up with what you're looking for in a content/price sense? I'm sure it's the same in the JJ thread. I have gotten pretty picky after my first couple years in the hobby. Now I know that if I don't love a page more than the pricetag, it'll never find a permanent home on my walls...

Thanks though!

J

Besides, that isn't V it's a scarecrow with a tape recorder... damn geeks.

Good catch! That does create a dilemma. Artwise, it's still the V mask and costume on the page. Contentwise, though, you know it's not the "real" V. Would you rather have this page with the V costume (but no V) or one of the Evey interrogation pages with V, but he's in a guard uniform?

I might lean toward the costume page, but that's not the only criteria for a good V page, imho. One of my favorite pages is when V busts out of Larkhill and all we see is his silhouette.

Besides, that isn't V it's a scarecrow with a tape recorder... damn geeks.

Very true. Still a great looking page from an important scene -- I'm just a picky SOB these days so the hunt goes on...

One of my favorite pages is when V busts out of Larkhill and all we see is his silhouette.

Now that's a page I would consider even though there's no costumed V on it. :) One where his lore or presence absolutely dominates the page even though he's not there.

That's one of the great and frustrating things about the hobby -- every page is unique! It's not just about finding a page -- it has to be a page that appeals specifically to you!!

Holiday WANT list...

BWS Conan page from issue #24

Wrightson Swamp-Thing splash or panel page

Pre-Code horror cover (EC would be nice)

and something a little less costly...

Bachalo BtVS issue #2 cover

Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season!!!

Bill

That does create a dilemma. Artwise, it's still the V mask and costume on the page. Contentwise, though, you know it's not the "real" V. Would you rather have this page with the V costume (but no V) or one of the Evey interrogation pages with V, but he's in a guard uniform?

I might lean toward the costume page, but that's not the only criteria for a good V page, imho. One of my favorite pages is when V busts out of Larkhill and all we see is his silhouette.

Interesting point, I've also got a page with "V" on it, only it's not really V, but Dascombe (Sic? I'm relying on memory here). Happily for me, it was cheaper than "real" V pages. Can I hear Moore and Lloyd laughing?

http://cafurl.com?i=7168

And while we are on want lists, Sink pages from New Mutants #18-20 for me, ta!