• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I doubt you'll see this on a cover any time soon! LOL!

7 posts in this topic

Thanks for the replies everyone. My guess was 7.5- 8.0 to. So I feel more confident about my guess now. The bag seems to magnify flaws.

I'm not really a Superman guy but thought the cover depicting the now considered, abuse of a child, is pretty ironic. Heck, these days you could get thrown in jail for it. lol!

Thanks and Happy Hunting

Turokhunter

It is an interesting cover for discussion...I've been having several (most times funny to hilarious) discussions with others who went to elementary school in the 60s (I was in grade 1-8 spanning 1962-1969) and, as a mischevious male, we EXPECTED corporal punishment! I had a few legendary teachers when it came to corporal punishment devisement, some of them nuns (having gone to Catholic School)...

Strangely perhaps, I look back on it rather fondly and I'm no lover of pain/masochist...it's just funny how attitudes and times change...as a father of 4 I've basically never laid a hand on my kids ever...the only acceptable justification I think you could make is perhaps when they are very very young, maybe 3 or 4, and they were looking to bound into the street, you might give them a light swat on the butt to reinforce a sortof of Pavlovian connection of pain crossing the curb-line vs risking a life-threatening event such as getting run over by a car...this is of course before they have developed the ability to reason...