• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone getting Artwork for Christmas?

64 posts in this topic

The hardest part of doing the deal was finding a box big enough to ship the two kids!

Just kidding. My body is adapting well to just one kidney though.

Amazing pages and great negotiating on the kidney....you got a really great price for it if it pulled in these 2 beauties.

I'm not gonna post the X-mas gift that coming to me now......anti-climactic. doh!

I would love to see Hi Res scans of those Wrightson pages though. WOW! :cloud9:

Best,

Chris

Here's another nice gem. Back in the early 70's Russ Cochran got Frank to hand color his iconic Weird Science Fantasy 29 cover. What Russ got in the mail completely knocked his socks off so he had Frank agree to another 50. Frank never completed the project and finished just shy of 40. Here is Russ' original number one and perhaps the nicest of the run.

Enjoy

FrazNumber1.jpg

I think this will be the first year in a while where my wife doesn't pick me up a published piece for the holiday season. In the past she's picked up a Michael Lark cover, a Steve McNiven cover, a Tim Sale splash ... my wife's got great taste. ;)

But I do participate in a "secret santa" gift exchange with a couple of collectors ... it's nothing expensive, but I do have a great Captain America by Barry Kitson coming my way soon ... :grin:

when did Barry draw Cap?

At this year's Mid-Ohio Con. ;)

I saw the Al Williamson piece at San Diego con earlier this year. It was in the heritage auction but they had listed it online and in the catalogue as "original" art not a hand cooured print. I was bidding on it when I thought it was original, but when I saw it in person realized it was a print. Heritage had changed the description online but they later pulled it from the auction because of the confusion.

It was put in the next auction. Its a great print, too bad it wasnt original.

I think this will be the first year in a while where my wife doesn't pick me up a published piece for the holiday season. In the past she's picked up a Michael Lark cover, a Steve McNiven cover, a Tim Sale splash ... my wife's got great taste. ;)

But I do participate in a "secret santa" gift exchange with a couple of collectors ... it's nothing expensive, but I do have a great Captain America by Barry Kitson coming my way soon ... :grin:

when did Barry draw Cap?

At this year's Mid-Ohio Con. ;)

this one?

MOC%20%2807%29.jpg