• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone understand Metropolis?

224 posts in this topic

On the subject of Metropolis' pricing, what's up with the Batman #1 VG going for $17,750? Is it really worth that much?

for a VG 4.0 with ow pages, I would happily pay that...it is actually a cheap price for a 4.0 (IMO)...a cgc 4.5 was recently offered by someone else at $25K, I believe (though not sure if it sold, I do know there was a lot of interest over $20K for it)

gator

Yes, then there's the question of whether the BM #1 that Metropolis is offering is truly a VG copy, not a 3.0 or 3.5.

I can understand arguing about a dealer's grading(although in this case I'd want to see a back cover scan before I made any assumptions), but pricing? Is a dealer only supposed to ask for current market value? Last GPA? Is it never okay to reach a little higher, especially if it's an unrestored, key book?

Metro has books on their site that I'd like for a lower price, but the books belong to them, and if they have the patience to wait for a buyer, more power to them.

Well, it looks like the book got snatched...maybe? Did any of you guys end up purchasing it?

On the subject of Metropolis' pricing, what's up with the Batman #1 VG going for $17,750? Is it really worth that much?

for a VG 4.0 with ow pages, I would happily pay that...it is actually a cheap price for a 4.0 (IMO)...a cgc 4.5 was recently offered by someone else at $25K, I believe (though not sure if it sold, I do know there was a lot of interest over $20K for it)

gator

Yes, then there's the question of whether the BM #1 that Metropolis is offering is truly a VG copy, not a 3.0 or 3.5.

I can understand arguing about a dealer's grading(although in this case I'd want to see a back cover scan before I made any assumptions), but pricing? Is a dealer only supposed to ask for current market value? Last GPA? Is it never okay to reach a little higher, especially if it's an unrestored, key book?

Metro has books on their site that I'd like for a lower price, but the books belong to them, and if they have the patience to wait for a buyer, more power to them.

Well, it looks like the book got snatched...maybe? Did any of you guys end up purchasing it?

It wasn't me, but if I had the $, I would have bought it. What I liked about that book was that it had some nice bright colors that stand out and white pages (I guess)

For the last six months or so, I've been receiving want list emails from Metro about a particulat book on my want list. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered it online, plus I called Frank to confirm that the book was in stock and my online order recieved. I checked the site and they pulled the book and listed it as sold and sent me an order confirmation, the order number is #37857. This was the 20th. This morning I recieved a want list email about the exact same book, so I went to their site and sure enough the book was now listed for sale again. Is metro messing with me, or is this just a holiday screw up?

Metro just emailed e and explained that they have heavy backlog

but I am confident that Metro will deliver

They never have failed me

CAL