• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone understand Metropolis?

224 posts in this topic

I don't look there any more either because of the "not yet processed" that comes with most of the primo stuff that interests me.

Oh well, I might have spent $500 with Metro so I'm sure me not buying isn't affecting their bottom line much.

But if a lot of people are doing that...

I agree. I do not want to take to the time waiting on an e-mail. I just hit a BIN at Bob Storms site because it had the actual book pictured and a price. So, I was able to make up mind quickly and get it. :)

I have spent thousands with Metro in the past, but it has been months since I have bought anything new.

I agree. I do not want to take to the time waiting on an e-mail. I just hit a BIN at Bob Storms site because it had the actual book pictured and a price. So, I was able to make up mind quickly and get it. :)

That's pretty much the way I buy. I set my mind to buy something and then find it on the Internet. Mostly impulse buying. If given enough time to think about it, I most likely would pass. Waiting on e-mails for offers I've made is usually too much time in my opinion...

Jim

The book is currently on the site at the same $90 price.

The book in question has no centerfold.

Steve

Was the book $90 before it had no centerfold?

I hear you loud and clear. All the books that are listed as: being processed will all come off the site tomorrow morning.

Steve

I think we would all just prefer you price them the same time you grade them Steve. It can't take that much longer.

I have put in MULTIPLE requests on some copies of Action Comics over the last 4-6 weeks and have yet to get a response on them, but one day I put in requests for some high grade Superman low cost bronze age and got same day response.

You have to see that for us collectors that WANT to spend money with you guys it is frustrating to put in a request for a price and simply go ignored for weeks!

I wasn't your best customer last year, but I did spend a good chunk of my collecting budget with you, and want to spend more....just make it easy for me :D

Steve

Yes. It was a low grade Crippen.

Cool (thumbs u I just wanted to be clear. The way it sounded, they decided not to send it because they discovered the centerfold missing, then relisted it at the same price.

I hear you loud and clear. All the books that are listed as: being processed will all come off the site tomorrow morning.

Steve

I think we would all just prefer you price them the same time you grade them Steve.

Absolutely! The fact that items have sat "being processed" for months is what's frustrating. Especially the items I'm interested in :devil:

For the last six months or so, I've been receiving want list emails from Metro about a particulat book on my want list. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered it online, plus I called Frank to confirm that the book was in stock and my online order recieved. I checked the site and they pulled the book and listed it as sold and sent me an order confirmation, the order number is #37857. This was the 20th. This morning I recieved a want list email about the exact same book, so I went to their site and sure enough the book was now listed for sale again. Is metro messing with me, or is this holiday screw up?

I'm not quite sure why something like this winds up in a public forum before you've followed up with Metro. Seems to me that a simple phone call would have resolved it.

Steve

Well, look at the good news Vince - you're better off now - had they NOT checked the book and sent it to you with a missing centerfold. And perhaps you might not have checked it (even though Top-Notch #31 is now in such high demand) because you have 2 other copies.. And perhaps 2 years from now you may have spotted the missing centerfold, but then it'd be far too late.

And, ... :grin:

Steve

I'm not sure removing them all from the site is the anwser. Steady progress in getting the books processed would be nice. :gossip: Make sure you start with the A's :grin: I'll be looking to make a purchase soon.

For the last six months or so, I've been receiving want list emails from Metro about a particulat book on my want list. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered it online, plus I called Frank to confirm that the book was in stock and my online order recieved. I checked the site and they pulled the book and listed it as sold and sent me an order confirmation, the order number is #37857. This was the 20th. This morning I recieved a want list email about the exact same book, so I went to their site and sure enough the book was now listed for sale again. Is metro messing with me, or is this holiday screw up?

I'm not quite sure why something like this winds up in a public forum before you've followed up with Metro. Seems to me that a simple phone call would have resolved it.

I called...no one there....I emailed....no reply because of the weekend, so I figured I might get a quick response on the boards, which I did.. So the simple phone call didn't work. I sped up the process, becuase I like to know and don't like to wait. Chances are I would still be waiting for a response on new years. Satisfied?

lately they have a lot of books listed as not yet processed so i think they are way behind in inventory- probably an honest mistake - hopefully you can straghten it out on wednesday - if not they just don't like you do they-lol!

I'd like to think that they're just behind, but part of me thinks this is a new selling strategy for them. There are books on their site that have "not been processed" for several months. Also, the "call" strategy, more accurately described as the "make an offer" strategy, is clearly new for them(in the past 6 months or so).

Also, if a book hasn't been processed yet, why put it on the site at all?

Amen, and amen. I stopped looking at their site a few months ago.

Steve

Cool (thumbs u I just wanted to be clear. The way it sounded, they decided not to send it because they discovered the centerfold missing, then relisted it at the same price.

Well, it was relisted at the same price, but I assume that was an automatic process of their computer inventory software.

I called...no one there....I emailed....no reply because of the weekend, so I figured I might get a quick response on the boards, which I did.. So the simple phone call didn't work. I sped up the process, becuase I like to know and don't like to wait. Chances are I would still be waiting for a response on new years. Satisfied?

I have no reason to be either satisfied or dissatisfied... I have no skin in the game. Granted the holiday weekend does call for some patience, but being patient seems to me to be the appropriate thing to do. I needed to reach my attorney on an important matter yesterday... didn't get him. I suppose I could have complained on the ABA website; I chose instead to leave a message. I'll try him again on wednesday if I don't hear from him beforehand. Seems to me the public forum should be used a bit more judiciously -- particularly when one is being critical.

I have no reason to be either satisfied or dissatisfied... I have no skin in the game. Granted the holiday weekend does call for some patience, but being patient seems to me to be the appropriate thing to do. I needed to reach my attorney on an important matter yesterday... didn't get him. I suppose I could have complained on the ABA website; I chose instead to leave a message. I'll try him again on wednesday if I don't hear from him beforehand. Seems to me the public forum should be used a bit more judiciously -- particularly when one is being critical.

I was being neither critical or non-critical, I was just looking for answers in my own way.So I suggest....you use these boards the way you choose to and I'll use them the way I choose to.

I"ve always had good dealings with Metro, but since the whole "not yet processed" thing started, I've hit them up for less and less. If they want to sell it, they need to put a price on it.

Also, I inquire about books, make offers, and occassionally I even get a note back. I filled my want list books elsewhere while they were "processing" many items on it.

I just gave up, it's not worth the frustration anymore.

I"ve always had good dealings with Metro, but since the whole "not yet processed" thing started, I've hit them up for less and less. If they want to sell it, they need to put a price on it.

Also, I inquire about books, make offers, and occassionally I even get a note back. I filled my want list books elsewhere while they were "processing" many items on it.

I just gave up, it's not worth the frustration anymore.

I'm pretty sure that Jerry Robinson was the big name who took Joe Simon's spot on the bill after JS had to back out due to health issues at this year's Heroes Con. I suggest you contact Shelton through Heroes' webpage to attempt to get in touch with JR. Good luck. Merry Christmas.

I was being neither critical or non-critical, I was just looking for answers in my own way.So I suggest....you use these boards the way you choose to and I'll use them the way I choose to.

Happy Holidays to you and yours Vince.