• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your christmas presents!!

56 posts in this topic

Would you believe my 62 year old mother bought me this?:

xmas2.jpg

Guess she doesn't think much of my grading skills lol Seriously, my mum certainly knows her son doesn't she? :grin:

One of my brother's got me this:

xmas1.jpg

Should keep me busy for a while!

From my wife to me: Stendhal's The Red and the Black; Saint Augustine's The Confessions

From me to me: The Complete Peanuts Box Set 1963 - 1966 (a yearly tradition for me, this being year 4 -- & the 4th set); the Bone Phonebook (I'm on page 500 or so, its about 1250 pages long --- been great so far --- never read Bone before --- now I wish I had read it before NYCC this year because Jeff Smith was there)

The rest: a cell phone, some socks, some boxers, lots of food, some joy, some headaches, a bottle of wine, some family melodrama, & even some fun on the Boards.

Haven't scanned them, but I got a Marvel Masterworks DD Volume 1 and 2 -- saves me from reading my single issues which always gives me a pang of nervousness -- and Origins TPB.

All from my 75-year-old mom who has learned to use Amazon. She's the greatest and after I read them my son is in line.

Merry Christmas everyone!

For comic-related stuff, my wonderful wife got me:

Up, Up and Oy Vey! How Jewish History, Culture and Values Shaped the Comic Book Superhero by Simcha Weinstein

Wally's World: The Brilliant Life and Tragic death of Wally Wood, the World's Second-Best Comic Book Artist by Steve Starger and J. David Spurlock

Vault of Horror Vol. 1 EC Archives

Eiji Tsuburaya: Master of Monsters by August Ragone

and she got

Krazy and Ignatz "A Kat a'Lilt with Song" by George Herriman.

:banana:

For comic-related stuff, my wonderful wife got me:

Up, Up and Oy Vey! How Jewish History, Culture and Values Shaped the Comic Book Superhero by Simcha Weinstein

Wally's World: The Brilliant Life and Tragic death of Wally Wood, the World's Second-Best Comic Book Artist by Steve Starger and J. David Spurlock

Vault of Horror Vol. 1 EC Archives

Eiji Tsuburaya: Master of Monsters by August Ragone

and she got

Krazy and Ignatz "A Kat a'Lilt with Song" by George Herriman.

:banana:

nerds read some weird stuff :baiting:

Just remembered, I also treated myself to the Gerber Photojournals 1 & 2, with a little help in locating a good deal on them from Sal. :headbang:

Sounds like everyone scored some great loot today!! :applause:

Comic related:

The Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 1. Good Lord, is this a big book. lol

Showcase Presents: The Legion Of Superheroes

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Vol. 6 (the 60's Adams books)

A book on Conan, can't remember the title. But it's about his history and produced by Dark Horse.

Spider Man 3 & FF2 DVD's

In addition to some Connery Bond DVD's, other books, CD's, clothes, etc.

I got a few books on quantum physics

pretty good x mas.

lol I love these Boards.

Which books did you get? Why did you want them? Please let me know if they are any good. I love that kind of stuff.

That was a mandatory course in my Electrical Engineering Program. :eek: Why would anyone voluntarily study the subject in their spare time?

pretty good x mas.

lol I love these Boards.

Which books did you get? Why did you want them? Please let me know if they are any good. I love that kind of stuff.

That was a mandatory course in my Electrical Engineering Program. :eek: Why would anyone voluntarily study the subject in their spare time?

Why do we love what we love (shrug) I got interested in physics in college and I've been hooked ever since.

pretty good x mas.

lol I love these Boards.

Why do we love what we love (shrug) I got interested in physics in college and I've been hooked ever since.

Well i got a few books on how u can use quantum physics to define what conciousness is. Its pretty mind boggling stuff but i love books that make me stop and think about stuff. Ive always been interested in quantum physics. I also got the special edition dvd of "What the Bleep do we know" I strongly recomend it. I study the subject because it is absolutly mind numbing.. I love it. It makes me think about things in a different way i never would have.,