• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,929 posts in this topic

While in NJ on business I was told about an original owner collection of about 5000 silver and bronze age books.... :o So I got the chance to look at them and it has MOST marvel titles with long runs of each....Some in really high grade soooo I decided to make an offer AND bought the books. :applause: I am suppose to have them tomorrow and it will take me awhile to start going through. There was probably around 800-1000 of newer titles in there also. Soooo if anyone is looking for specific issues and titles, go ahead and start sending me pm's with want lists and maybe we can work something out.

It was one of those "yeah ok" he has alot of books but turned out to be real!

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by rube11

While in NJ on business I was told about an original owner collection of about 5000 silver and bronze age books.... :o So I got the chance to look at them and it has MOST marvel titles with long runs of each....Some in really high grade soooo I decided to make an offer AND bought the books. :applause: I am suppose to have them tomorrow and it will take me awhile to start going through. There was probably around 800-1000 of newer titles in there also. Soooo if anyone is looking for specific issues and titles, go ahead and start sending me pm's with want lists and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks,

Steve

Well done :golfclap:

Thanks,

Steve

Well done :golfclap:

Will start listing some early low grade Spideys (#2 up) and more tomorrow as I go through this massive group....A total of like 30 boxes in all.....

Steve

Hey guys! Starting a new thread today with a bunch of stuff I have picked up over the last couple of weeks. Lots of really cool books and some really tough books as well.

- Bronze Age 9.4/9.6 slabs including Superboy & the Legion, Action, Godzilla, and maybe a few others

- pre hero TOS/ TTA slabs, all 8.0

- a nice group of 1950s comics including Sugar & Spikes, DC War, All American Western (with Alex Toth), DC Hero, DC Sci-Fi, and a few misc books(Charlton's, etc)

- a relatively large group of John Wayne comics including several from his own series and several movie comics

- some early Archie comics

- a second group of high grade DC war from the 1960s/70s

- a nice group of high grade Nick Furys

individual issues include

More Fun #65 and 74

Wonder Woman #105

Superman #100

Adventure #247

Action #252

Our Army At War #82

Military #23, Blackhawk #15 both slabbed

and maybe something extra special at the end...

-

Will start listing books from the collection around 4pm est....will have 3 separate threads, one for Spidey only and the other for silverage keys and one more for misc silver age early issues...

Steve

Can you try and not post three threads?

I think its fair to have all your books and one thread and not take up other real estate from other boardies.

There is no need for three threads.

I'm having 15 sales thread this weekend.

Each one consisting of one CGC SS Michael Turner comic book. These are so rare and awesome, that they deserve a thread of their own. :acclaim:

Please keep an eye out for them.....

Brian

:jokealert:

Haven't done a bang up sales thread for awhile and am planning on going the distance with one this eve to include all new books in that are raw and CGCd!

Batman Adventures 12 CGC copies

Noble Causes #3 1st Invincible raw copies

Original Art - Ghost Rider Splash

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd more!

Haven't done a bang up sales thread for awhile and am planning on going the distance with one this eve to include all new books in that are raw and CGCd!

Man, I'm looking for a Batman Adventures 12 CGC 9.8..... hm

I'm having 15 sales thread this weekend.

Each one consisting of one CGC SS Michael Turner comic book. These are so rare and awesome, that they deserve a thread of their own. :acclaim:

Please keep an eye out for them.....

Brian

:jokealert:

:o My kind of threads!!

:whistle: I have about every grade someone would be interested in...

What about a reader copy? (shrug)

Do you really want a reader copy....

meh

Do you really want a reader copy....

meh

:gossip: It's for my 10yr old. She like Harley Quinn and that cartoonish type of art. (and I'm a cheap ...)

Ok... I need to raise some funds because I'm going to be making a non-comic related purchase and my wife says no more advances on the allowance until AF 15 is paid off (which totally reasonable!). SO, I need to get off my butt and sell a few comics I've been thinking about culling.

Some of the books will include:

-Avengers #1 in FR (but highly presentable!)

See pics and forum grading...

-A mini-run of Swamp Thing (including a mid-grade copy of #1)

See pic and forum grading

-Ghost Rider #1

See pics and forum grading

P.S. I will be rescanning the Ghost Rider 1 and Swamp Thing 1 so the corners aren't cropped (these were the original scans from when I acquired them).

...and perhaps a few others thrown into the mix :)

Gents...

I picked up two orig. owner collections this weekend, and will be posting them on the boards post-haste.

I'll be posting one thread in the silver/gold thread, these are all mostly silver to early bronze Amazing Spider-man.

In the regular for sales forum, I've got mid-grade GI JOE, high grade early Hellblazer, and a whole slew of mostly #1 issues, this guy collected almost #1 of everything. Begins later tonight.

Gents...

I picked up two orig. owner collections this weekend, and will be posting them on the boards post-haste.

I'll be posting one thread in the silver/gold thread, these are all mostly silver to early bronze Amazing Spider-man.

In the regular for sales forum, I've got mid-grade GI JOE, high grade early Hellblazer, and a whole slew of mostly #1 issues, this guy collected almost #1 of everything. Begins later tonight.

Can't wait to see some of those #1 issues (hopefully there are some obscure titles in there)

Brian

Ok... I need to raise some funds because I'm going to be making a non-comic related purchase and my wife says no more advances on the allowance until AF 15 is paid off (which totally reasonable!). SO, I need to get off my butt and sell a few comics I've been thinking about culling.

Some of the books will include:

-Avengers #1 in FR (but highly presentable!)

See pics and forum grading...

-A mini-run of Swamp Thing (including a mid-grade copy of #1)

See pic and forum grading

-Ghost Rider #1

See pics and forum grading

P.S. I will be rescanning the Ghost Rider 1 and Swamp Thing 1 so the corners aren't cropped (these were the original scans from when I acquired them).

...and perhaps a few others thrown into the mix :)

Your pics of the Avengers 1 are gone. :makepoint: