• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
34 34

5,957 posts in this topic

I have 2 sales threads going - one in copper/modern and one in mixed. I spent some time this morning cleaning up the various discounts and dropping some prices. I also put in some new discounts for sales in the mixed thread that include cash off the total OR credit in comics incentives.

mixed age thread

copper/modern thread

If you are on the fence, maybe knowing that I am trying to buy a collection or two might push you over the fence. I have seen one of the collections in person and am on the fence and the other looks fantastic but will be pricey! You want to see that stuff for sale here? Let's get some cash flowing my way!!! (thumbs u

Edited by Bird

Just got done scanning and listing 1170 books in an excel spreadsheet. A collection of gold, silver and bronze, mostly mid grade stuff but many weird and different titles.

Trying to figure out the best way to sell it at the moment, but if anyone is interested in seeing the list, PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

Steve

Just an fyi that I NOW have the books priced on the spreadsheet...if anyone is still interested.

Have sold about 190 books so far to boardies who asked for the list...I will start listing the remainder probably tonight or tomorrow night, about 75-100 each night (hopefully will be able to handle that). I have scans on EVERY SINGLE BOOK, so if anyone will need one, I will post...

Keep a lookout in the gold/silver/bronze section...

Steve

I currently have a thread in copper/modern and in another in Gold/Silver/Bronze. I expect a few shipments next week or so with the enclosed books. I plan to be adding these. Stay tuned.

NM98 7.5,7.5,8.5

ASM300 9.4,9.4

NYX3 8.5, 9.6

BA12 9.2

MsMarvel18 9.2

Sandman1 9.6

Tales Teen Titans44 9.4

iZombie1 9.6

DC Comics Presents49 9.2

DD1 CGC 4.5

GL76 CGC 8.0

ST135 CGC 8.0

FF46 CGC 8.0

FF52 CGC 8.0

Marvel Spotlight5 CGC 6.0

Xmen94 CGC 6.0

ASM121 9.0

Avengers 1 CGC 4.5

JLA1 CGC 4.0

MsMarvel1 CGC 9.6

TOS39 CGC 4.0

Xmen1 CGC 4.5

FF48 CGC 8.0

FF52 CGC 7.5

Nova1 CGC 9.8

Sgt Fury1 CGC 7.0

Hulk 181 CGC 7.0

WD1 CGC 9.8 white mature label

WD1 CGC 9.8 black mature label

Aquaman35 CGC 8.0

FF52 CGC 6.5

ASM129 CGC 8.5

FF1 CGC 3.5

Edited by Junkdrawer

Small batch of slabs to be posted this morning- once the scanning & uploading is done!

Avengers 181 9.6

DC Comics Presents 26 9.6

Firestorm 1 9.4

Iron Man 128 9.4

Marvel Premiere 47 9.8

Marvel Two-In-One Annual 2 9.6

Power Man and Iron Fist 57 9.8

Star Wars 1 9.8

Star Wars 2 9.6

Star Wars 42 9.8

Tomb of Dracula 70 9.8

X-Men 121 9.8

Batman 570 9.8

Gonna take a different approach and just list the rest of the Flash I have in one big lot to try and save time and make it easier on me.

It should be close to 70 books between #291 and #339, plus some in the 200's that I did not sell before.

PM me if interested before I get the listing up and thanks for looking!

I finally pulled the trigger and bought a collection accumulation. It is about 8 short boxes of comics and a similar amount of magazines and esoterica. Conditions vary from ugh to NM/NM+.

I am going to leave the comics for last and deal with the harder and less fun stuff first. Although it is proving to be a lot of fun anyway. Tiring but fun, which is why I bought it!

So I am thinking about selling the non-comics stuff in a few waves here. First will be comics related stuff and esoterica. The other stuff will be in 3 groups - TV/Movie, Horror, and MAD Magazine and such (I have a few copies of Sick in here!).

So just a heads up that I have magazines from the 50s on up ready to go soon..

I plan on listing my entire collection of Marvel Masterworks (marbled variant covers) starting in the next week or two. My original plan years ago was to amass the entire set, but as you all know, priorities and focuses change, so they need to go. I have 98 of them, so there are a pretty good chunk of nice volumes in there, many of them still sealed. The run goes from 1 up to 203 with a few 'rares' in there.

I'll be listing them individually (within the same thread, obviously), so anyone interested will have a chance to pick up a volume or two.

Hoping to start a relatively large sales thread in both the G/S/B and the Copper/Modern forums on Sunday afternoon/evening. :banana:

About 500 books total, give or take. Plenty of keys -- some higher grade, others lower to mid-grade. Featuring Batman #227, #232, #234, #251, two copies of ASM #194, Hero for Hire #1, Strange Tales #126, NM #98, ASM #300, Defenders #1, and a whole lot more. They'll be a ton of ASM issues, a decent bit of Cap and Batman, and some other goodies. Stop in to say hello! :hi:

I'm about to start a very small sale in copper/modern with a few lots

5-6 Scooby Doo Team UP 12 Newsstands

1 set of Crisis on Infinite Earth

1st Legion

maybe one or two other sets

Tomorrow you can all enjoy Sunday by the computer buying the most hottest books on the market, sorry no Junk here :eek:

Today I will be scanning/photographing a lot of books. My goal is an all day event tomorrow. Discounts will be up to Tom Brady

My event is: DEFLATECON

DeflateCon works like this. On Oct 18th, 2015 the New England Patriots meet the Indianapolis Colts for the first time since last years play-offs. Its been known that the Colts were the team to bring to light the whole thing about under inflated balls etc. Brady and the Patriots has gotten over it and put it past them.....Oh really? Around here the talk at the coffee shops is all about pay back, revenge and running up the score board on the Colts. I'm sure the Colts will play their best ball yet, so I expect a hell of a game (kick off is Sunday night at 8:30 pm EST) Vegas has the Patriots favored by 7 give or take.

I will begin posting books on Sunday morning, hopefully at a rapid clip and many of them. The books will be various titles of Marvel and DC as well as Indy (no pun intended) Age of books will be from 1975 thru present day.

DISCOUNT will be like this. Claim a book in the thread as you would in any other thread using the :takeit: or the words "take it" will be accepted. (Please be certain to identify the book you are claiming to avoid mix ups on who is the owner.) That is the price you are expected to pay, however, depending on the final score of the Pat's vs Colts game, this is how you can get the book for less, automatically. If the pats win by 7 you get 7% off your total purchases. Pats win by 10, 20, or 30 you'd be getting 10%, 20% or 30% off your purchase price. If the Patriots win 50 to 0 then yes you'd get 50% off. Now this discount rule ends at 8:30 pm EST (kick off)

So buy them up and hope the Pats win big. Any Questions.