• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,921 posts in this topic

I'm going to have a

'batman and friends' copper/modern sale starting tonight. There will be New 52 and copper stuff, and some in between stuff. Plenty of stuff for completionists too, like combo packs and DCUniverse variants. Plenty of stuff for flippers too like 1st Nightwings, early New 52, key Jason Todd stuff.

Something for everyone, so please check it out.

Look for it to start between 7-8pm eastern.

Edited by Revat

About 3 weeks ago I put a goal in the back of my mind to pay for my hotel bill in Hawaii next month with sales proceeds. That has gone amazingly well and I am not that far from actually doing it. So I decided to put a few items up at great prices to get me home because I will enjoy lying in the sun and thinking about how I paid for it. I know, the money is all just money but I like to grow my own vegetables as well.

Today I listed a BA12 , yes it is only a 7.5, but I put it at 80% of the GPA 6 month average. Now we'll see just how much the boards love/hate to buy this book!

In copper/modern.

Edited by Bird

I've been running a "clean out the box of leftovers from 2015" sale in both the Silver/Bronze forum and the Copper/Modern forum and it's coming to an end...

About 220 books up for sale now between the two... everything starts at $3 but most of it is discounted to $2. Plus there are some unclaimed freebies in there too. Lots of good stuff left.

It's winding down, about 20 books left to post in the Silver/Bronze thread... and then I might go back with a run of Copper Age Avengers book in the other one... haven't decided if I'm holding those or adding them in. I want to clear out this box so they're probably going!

Come on in and start a pile!

Here's the link to the Silver/Bronze age sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9017526&fpart=1

Here's the link to the Copper/Modern sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9021842&fpart=1

Despite the number of books I've keep the thread clean and the recap is updated at the end... so it's very easy to browse!

Edited by fmaz

Its that time of year again! Time to rev up your F5 button. I am bringing in the Holidays and New Years with incredible deals and incredible books! I just got back from a huge buying trip and I picked up an enormous amount of really nice books, many high grades from an original owner collection.

Along with that, I have been piling up books all year long and its time to move some books along. I have literally thousands of unprocessed books left over from buys this year. High grades, mid grades, low grades. Keys, semi-keys, tough books and just plain pretty books. I have golden age, horror books, silver age of all grades, bronze keys and high grades, copper age, and moderns (Will be a separate thread for the copper & moderns).

I just built a new office and I am literally already out of space. I have to move some of this stuff, so the deals will be tremendous with some stuff up to 75% off Overstreet guide! And I'm not talking about the you see some places, there is a ton of good stuff going to be offered here. I think I have 15 magazine boxes of books (around 1500 books) that I have never offered before which will be for sale in this thread, and maybe more than that.

872696998_o.jpg

872697024_o.jpg

Grading is going to be tight. Lots of meat left on the bones as they say. It will be great for dealers, for flippers and for collectors. As I said, I want to SELL these books. And I want YOU to buy them. I could take these books to a convention and people would be fighting over them at the prices they will be offered at.

Here are some highlights from the first offerings, which should be on Thursday night December 17th (and of course there will be some surprises not pictured)

872697050_o.jpg

872697072_o.jpg

872697093_o.jpg

My tentative schedule for listing is as follows....

Thursday night Dec 17th

Sunday night December 20th

Monday (morning/mid day listings for our friends overseas) Dec 21st

Saturday afternoon December 26th

Sunday night December 27th

Tuesday night December 29th

Friday (all day) January 1st

Sunday night Jan 3rd

Tuesday night Jan 5th

week long break for Wizard New Orleans (I will need it by then)

Tuesday night January 12th

Thursday night January 14th

Saturday January 16th (special listings with discount for people who have bought previously in the thread).

Grand Finale Sunday night January 17th

Plus I may add another daytime listing or two, as well as some listings in the copper & modern thread!

I would invite everyone to come and look. Satisfaction is guaranteed on everything. I can't imagine that you will leave unhappy.

Last minute Christmas shoppers!

I've got some Exclusive Funko figures, a trio of Vinyl Vixens, a duo of Diamond Select (Jay & Silent Bob set) and a few more goodies all ready to ship via priority mail and still make it under your tree (or someone else's) in time for next week!

I'll be heading the Post Office every day, and I'll ship immediately for you if possible... so it's a great way to grab some last minute gifts. (Or just stuff for yourself!)

Have a look!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9047045#Post9047045

My tentative schedule for listing is as follows....

Thursday night Dec 17th

Sunday night December 20th

Monday (morning/mid day listings for our friends overseas) Dec 21st

Saturday afternoon December 26th

Sunday night December 27th

Tuesday night December 29th

Friday (all day) January 1st

Sunday night Jan 3rd

Tuesday night Jan 5th

week long break for Wizard New Orleans (I will need it by then)

Tuesday night January 12th

Thursday night January 14th

Saturday January 16th (special listings with discount for people who have bought previously in the thread).

Grand Finale Sunday night January 17th

Well, now I know what I'll be doing for then next month. I've got my calendar blocked out already! :banana:

Yeah, I don't get that, but considering how CC and Roy have had friction in the past, it probably would have been best to leave it alone.

We've had friction in the past? On here?

I have no idea what the strike is about. I was off most of the evening with my kids. I thought the thread idea was silly but I'm not offended by it.

I thought so, but hell if I know. Strike seemed arbitrary regardless. I hope they undo that and apologize to Brock.

lol

I hope he learns to stop being a and apologizes to everyone who loses IQ points when they read his tripe.