• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IMPORTANT POST TO CGC WAS NOT ANSWERED BY THEM

66 posts in this topic

they are restored and will continue to receive such grades.

tongue.gifNo pal it is not a campaign. it is simply a question one that many have asked before but never so boldly. How do you know they are restored? can you prove it? are you a professional at this? my question is simply to the point if it is not 100% how is it then not left as undecided but just guessed based of principals. like I said even the best restorer stated that it is almost impossible to prove.

Has the book been cleaned?

If the answer is YES, than the book has been restored. End of discussion.

Now go away. Really. Go away. You're a pain in everybody's neck, are inflammatory, and have a very annoying habit of language misuse (probably only to me). Just go away.

I probably can't but I'm not a grading professional.

That's the whole point of CGC - they are grading professionals.

And, as such, and without any other service, they are the only third-party graders, so the marketplace is taking what they say as correct.

I still don't see the point of your argument. If the book has been cleaned, it has been restored. And right now, restored books are getting 15% of the price of unrestored books. If your argument is with CGC's grading, come out and say that. But don't waste our time with this.

I'm not perfect, but I can spell, and I can match verb/noun tenses.

Poor grammar in writing is like using profanity. It detracts from your argument and makes your message muddled and unclear. Your posts are already inflammatory. Take the time to proof read them before you post them. It can't hurt.

Say that a 4-year-old gets it in his head that if he urinates in an azalea bush a bunny rabbit might suddenly appear... I am willing to bet that after a half-dozen attempts the 4-year-old will either decide that urinating in an azalea bush doesn't work, or he will decide he just needs to try a different bush...

ablue, you can post about cleaned comics in this forum all you want, but no magical bunny rabbit is EVER going to appear, so you would be well advised to either stop the attempt altogether or find another azalea bush to urinate in!

Look just forget it! it seemes that if anyone strays from the approved list of topics you are banished! Why?? I only made a comment.

This is from years of collecting. I know CGC are professionals but so are highly skilled collectors. I will mention this once more to try to clear this up for you.

Can CGC actually prove if this type of work was performed? that is my only question and I don't think so I don't think anyone can unless it is documented if not then who is to tell? That is my question. Does that make me such a terrible person?

Can CGC actually prove if this type of work was performed? that is my only question and I don't think so I don't think anyone can unless it is documented if not then who is to tell?

I can't answer your question, but I have a question of my own. Do you think anyone else cares as much as you obviously do? I mean Holy Cow, CGC is what we have, Take it or leave it. Most everybody chooses to accept their judgement. Apparently you choose not to, so move along, there is nothing more to see here.

Phil

I understand the marketplace very well thank you.

But what I stated had nothing to do with the market just logic.

I am getting tired of this running around in circles just drop it.

I am sure many people have the same questions so be it......

Look just forget it! it seemes that if I stray from your approved list of topics I am banished! Why?? I only asked a question. What I asked had nothing to do with the market, just a question. I am getting tired of this running around in circles just drop it. I will ask one more time. Do you think anyone here cares as much as you obviously do?

Phil

yessssssss!!!!!!!!! now go away!

Okay, good. Now we are getting somewhere. You do understand that this is exactly what people have been asking you to do since the beginning of this thread ... Well actually since before that, but you get the point (I hope)

Phil

There are only two possible scenarios:

1) CGC grades a book as restored that you know FOR A FACT (ie. you bought it off the stands) is not. So you resubmit the false-positive and it may well come back clean.

2) CGC grades a book as restored that you either know has resto or are unsure of it origins or past. You can either re-submit or accept the grade, but I'd be siding with CGC in this case.

So which camp are you in?

Phil.

This is my thread and I did not ask you or anyone that does not like it to post here.

If you dont't like this don't pay attention to it! Plain and simple. wink.gif

My post was purely my oppinion and I have a right to it, and as for CI thanks for your logical answer that is all I asked for.

I know this is annoying but you did not mention after you said if CGC deems a grade restored and I am only taking cleaned as an example as this is near perfect to an unrestored as can be (nothing added) Can they prove that it was cleaned?

That's it! I ask nothing more.

Just like someone mentioned before, a book can be placed under a ton of other books does this make it pressed?? I noticed a qualified book (golden age) comments STAPLES REMOVED! is this not restoration or tampering with the book??

Yes CGC is all we have for now but not for long, but to deem a book restored without positive proof is not right because you never know and if you don't know for sure it should be UNIVERSAL.

That's all I have to say. If anyone can't understand this then sorry. tongue.gif

This is my thread and I did not ask you or anyone that does not like it to post here.

Are you high? You do not own the threads ... none of them. Read back through the posts carefully. What has made you mad, are essentially your own words. I took pieces of your posts, and modified them to fit the context of what I was saying. When I did that, you said "Go away". When you said basically the same things, others essentially told you to "Go away". I can NOT believe that you don't see the irony.

Phil

And this should be common-sense... CGC is far more concerned about the risk of false-negatives that they are with false-positives... as they should be...

Over half of all people who test positive for HIV on the first test do NOT have it. Doctors retest and confirm that the first test was in error. This is intentional. The test is designed to be overly-sensitive to minimize the risk of a false- negative. A false-positive is stressful and inconvenient, a false-negative is life-threatening.

CGC works the same way, preferring false-positives for resto than false-negatives. That's common sense. Any test has to be designed with a preference for the direction of the errors. CGC rightly chooses the conservative approach.

Ablue, for you to attack CI for posting that some resto books are re-submitted and come back negative is nuts. Of course that's the case. But you keep suggesting that is an indication we should all get our books cleaned and hope CGC doesn't notice so the buyer won't either... Please, find another azalea bush to urinate in!