• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Scanning Post sorry - Need Help with Epson

9 posts in this topic

I just received an Epson scanner for Christmas. Scans of slabs come out fuzzy, can anyone provide any pointers? The colour also seems lackluster... :(

img010.jpg

Also, what dpi setting does everyone typically use for there scans?

Thanks in advance!

Well, you need to scan things at at least 300DPI. If the image isn't going to be too big, you might even want to rock out 600DPI, but 300 is normally good for internet.

I don't have this scanner, but you probably have other settings to play with as well.

-Rob-

One more thing-- make sure there's no light getting in there. If the lid to the scanner doesn't close all the way with a slab in there, drape some cloth over it so the only light is what the scanner is kicking out. That normally makes a decent difference.

Check the settings for the twain software - there should be an option called "unsharp mask" - an unfortunate phrase. Make sure you have that option checked; it does the opposite of what you'd think. I use 150 dpi if that's any help.

Larry