• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What next?

64 posts in this topic

Getting to a point where I will be stalled on my Tec run (1-38). Some of the Tecs I still have outstanding just don't turn up very often.

I have been chasing GA DC keys in conjunction with them but these also are getting scarce (Action #1, Adv #40, More Fun #52).

I need therefore a new run to pursue.

Appreciate comments on the following:

1.) Action 1-20

2.) More Fun Spectre covers

3.) Complete Cap

4.) Complete Exciting Comics (Black Terror appearances) + Black Terror

5.) Complete Subby

6.) Complete Marvel/ Marvel Mystery

George

Getting to a point where I will be stalled on my Tec run (1-38). Some of the Tecs I still have outstanding just don't turn up very often.

I have been chasing GA DC keys in conjunction with them but these also are getting scarce (Action #1, Adv #40, More Fun #52).

1.) Action 1-20

3.) Complete Cap

5.) Complete Subby

George

1-one of the coolest runs to go after, Iconic, etc but extremely difficult to complete in any grade, as a few of the books just never seem to surface (like pre 38 tecs...you can knock a bunch out at once, then wait a while)....

I got lucky, when I put my 1-100 run together, I bought 1-14 OO...all in one shot...otherwise, who knows...everything after 15 is "easy" if you are not grade conscious...

2-I did this run...MF 52-67....some of the bEST out there...and, since I am done, no comp from me!

3-I am 2 books shy of finishing this run....a few are mega tough, but, I started this run in July, and have virtually finished it in 6 months, with a few upgrade books to get to all unrestored blue label..

4-Love schomburg, I have no interest in this at the moment...Nedors are out there, but I have no idea how tough the run is...

5-I Think you can complete this relatively easy, with a few exceptions...

6-Took me 10 months to complete...a few real tough ones (like 46), but can be done...

let us know !

gator

I like all of those choices (thumbs u

My only comment is if you decide to do the Exciting run, you should do the first 8 issues as well. I collected Exciting at one time, and the prehero issues were my favorites. Check out the covers to issues 4 and 5 especially. The interior work is also excellent.

Option (4) was my favoured one :baiting:

The couple I bought recently have sparked my interest.

Have tried to be disciplined in my collecting so that I feel I've achieved targets while collecting.

Would like to buy all but if spread too thinly won't get that collector's sense of achievement when completing a run.

1.) Action 1-20

3.) Complete Cap

5.) Complete Subby

George

1-one of the coolest runs to go after, Iconic, etc but extremely difficult to complete in any grade, as a few of the books just never seem to surface (like pre 38 tecs...you can knock a bunch out at once, then wait a while)....

I got lucky, when I put my 1-100 run together, I bought 1-14 OO...all in one shot...otherwise, who knows...everything after 15 is "easy" if you are not grade conscious...

2-I did this run...MF 52-67....some of the bEST out there...and, since I am done, no comp from me!

3-I am 2 books shy of finishing this run....a few are mega tough, but, I started this run in July, and have virtually finished it in 6 months, with a few upgrade books to get to all unrestored blue label..

4-Love schomburg, I have no interest in this at the moment...Nedors are out there, but I have no idea how tough the run is...

5-I Think you can complete this relatively easy, with a few exceptions...

6-Took me 10 months to complete...a few real tough ones (like 46), but can be done...

let us know !

gator

:o

Man, am I glad you don't collect good girl art covers! :shy:

I would go with

7.) X-Men 1-66

Have most of those already in 9.9/10

(worship)

Seriously though... I would go with #1 ... how many people can say that they completed that run? Its a challenge and it doesnt take up too much space :P

I like all of those choices (thumbs u

My only comment is if you decide to do the Exciting run, you should do the first 8 issues as well. I collected Exciting at one time, and the prehero issues were my favorites. Check out the covers to issues 4 and 5 especially. The interior work is also excellent.

If anyone has any of the covers please post.

#1 would be very difficult just to find half way decent copies of Action #7 or #8,#9,#12,#13. do you have any limitations to these runs ? like all unrestored or certain grade cutoffs ?

Try to go unrestored but will buy restored where prices are either out of my reach (like my Tec #27s) or just ridiculously rare (like my Tec #28).

No real grade restrictions as long as presenets well.

I vote for 2) Spectre cover, George! I just got the Spectre GA archives book for Christmas, and the stories and covers are so cool! The rarity factor gives it cache. and the fact I can't afford them leaves no conflict between us, so you have my blessing! :angel:

I vote for 2) Spectre cover, George! I just got the Spectre GA archives book for Christmas, and the stories and covers are so cool! The rarity factor gives it cache. and the fact I can't afford them leaves no conflict between us, so you have my blessing! :angel:

out of the 6, the spectre would be first on my list too!

gator