• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$0.10 listing day on Ebay, oh how I love seeing all my old friends ...

23 posts in this topic

the $0.10 listing day on Ebay is getting a little old in my opinion. I keep seeing the same old tired stuff show up continually. I keep wondering if the people selling it will ever tire of never moving there items. Each time, I hope to see something new but so far, no luck.

I loathe $0.10 listing days. My normal searches get cluttered by pages and pages of extra krap that is priced at fantasy starting prices, and I know they'll be there the next $0.10 listing day and the one after that because they'll never sell.

I loathe $0.10 listing days. My normal searches get cluttered by pages and pages of extra krap that is priced at fantasy starting prices, and I know they'll be there the next $0.10 listing day and the one after that because they'll never sell.

Not true! You can find some real gems if you're persistent!

10 cent listing days give sellers such as myself the opportunity to sell knowing that they won't get hammered on price if for some reason the book does not sell. Personally, I only sell on ebay if they do a free listing (or 10 cent listing) day. Otherwise, I simply sell on Clink, where I have had great success selling as of late.

Cheers!

Sure, but there are usually a few gems to be found on eBay. In my opinion, $0.10 listing days just adds a disproportionately greater amount of hay.

10 cent listing days give sellers such as myself the opportunity to sell knowing that they won't get hammered on price if for some reason the book does not sell. Personally, I only sell on ebay if they do a free listing (or 10 cent listing) day. Otherwise, I simply sell on Clink, where I have had great success selling as of late.

Cheers!

If sellers listed the books at prices that have even a 20% chance of actually selling, it'd be great. Unfortunately, it seems to be used mostly as an excuse for people to list their books at prices that have 0% chance of actually selling, precisely because it only costs them $0.10.

Cheers!

If sellers listed the books at prices that have even a 20% chance of actually selling, it'd be great. Unfortunately, it seems to be used mostly as an excuse for people to list their books at prices that have 0% chance of actually selling, precisely because it only costs them $0.10.

Perhaps that is true in most instances. Personally, I am glad to see a lot more GA books when I do a search on ebay today. The count was around a 100 yesterday, and now we are over 300, with a nice variety! If I see a book that is listed too high, I usually end up contacting the seller requesting that the price be reduced after it doesn't sell...

The more opportunities created to allow a book I am after to be listed, I am all for it. They used to have 10 cent listing a lot more often. This is the first 10 cent listing they have had (that I am aware of) in approximately 6 months.

Sure, but there are usually a few gems to be found on eBay. In my opinion, $0.10 listing days just adds a disproportionately greater amount of hay.

Maybe. But I snagged a nice GA book that I was loathed to buy at Metropolis' asking price 6+ months ago when it was on their site. Tonight though, I got it at a nice 31% ebay discount over the old Metro price. :banana:

Just goes to show, patience is indeed a virtue, especially when collecting high grade GA.

Maybe. But I snagged a nice GA book that I was loathed to buy at Metropolis' asking price 6+ months ago when it was on their site. Tonight though, I got it at a nice 31% ebay discount over the old Metro price. :banana:

Just goes to show, patience is indeed a virtue, especially when collecting high grade GA.

:applause: Glad to hear it! I just sold yet another book on Clink, which gives me a total approaching $1500 in sales in Clink within a 10 day period. People must have X-Mas bonuses to spend! (worship)

Ebay GA listings were around 2800 a couple of days ago. Last night when I logged on there were over 11000. There's no way I have the patience to wade through all that. Seems to be primarily David T Alexander's stuff - which has all been seen (and declined) before.

Ebay GA listings were around 2800 a couple of days ago. Last night when I logged on there were over 11000. There's no way I have the patience to wade through all that. Seems to be primarily David T Alexander's stuff - which has all been seen (and declined) before.

true, for us longer time collectors...but, I suspect these folks, for a .10, "hope" to expose their books to new entrants either to ebay, or to the collecting world using ebay...so, while I grow tired of seeing the same books over and over, I am sure there are "some" that don't (just not sure who they are!)

true, for us longer time collectors...but, I suspect these folks, for a .10, "hope" to expose their books to new entrants either to ebay, or to the collecting world using ebay...so, while I grow tired of seeing the same books over and over, I am sure there are "some" that don't (just not sure who they are!)

Well, whoever these new "exposees" are, they don`t buy his mess either, which is why we`ll see it all again at the next $0.10 listing day. And the next. And the next.

Well, whoever these new "exposees" are, they don`t buy his mess either, which is why we`ll see it all again at the next $0.10 listing day. And the next. And the next.

based on how many times I have seen the same old stuff, I suspect you are correct!

It makes me nostalgic for the early days of ebay. When the comic book market on ebay was young, there were a lot of genuine "just discovered" collections. Also, there were many individual sellers who had been wanting to sell for years but never attempted it in the old days, when you had to take your collection to a dealer and get a low ball offer or attempt to run your own print ads.

Now that ebay has matured as a marketplace, there's a lot of the same old dreck, over and over again.

There are still treasures to be found, they just don't seem to show up as often.

It makes me nostalgic for the early days of ebay. When the comic book market on ebay was young, there were a lot of genuine "just discovered" collections. Also, there were many individual sellers who had been wanting to sell for years but never attempted it in the old days, when you had to take your collection to a dealer and get a low ball offer or attempt to run your own print ads.

Now that ebay has matured as a marketplace, there's a lot of the same old dreck, over and over again.

There are still treasures to be found, they just don't seem to show up as often.

So true lotemo. And when the treasures do show up, you need to be incredibly quick on the draw.

yes, the early Ebay days. I remember when I was a young pup and started bidding on stuff on Ebay ... picked up a lot of nice stuff.

I was still a kind of old pup, but eBay was a young pup.

we registered with ebay in 1997, but I was in my Post comic selling days, and concentrated on finding Mego action figures and ST and SW...man, did I make some seriously great purchases back then...a complete MOC 12Back SW purchase for $1200 ( sold like 6 years later for $7k)...a case of mego 3rd series aliens for $7500 (about $25K through the years selling them)...

lots of deals to be had back then, though I missed all the comic ones!

rick

yes, the early Ebay days. I remember when I was a young pup and started bidding on stuff on Ebay ... picked up a lot of nice stuff.

I was still a kind of old pup, but eBay was a young pup.

we registered with ebay in 1997, but I was in my Post comic selling days, and concentrated on finding Mego action figures and ST and SW...man, did I make some seriously great purchases back then...a complete MOC 12Back SW purchase for $1200 ( sold like 6 years later for $7k)...a case of mego 3rd series aliens for $7500 (about $25K through the years selling them)...

lots of deals to be had back then, though I missed all the comic ones!

rick

I registered the day before my 35th birthday in 1997. I was into toys then too, Star Trek and GI Joe. Deals abounded. Course, the comic deals were the most thrilling.