• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Todd Mcfarlane Signature series signing

268 posts in this topic

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't understand why this is such a secretive thing. Pricing for signature series should be public knowledge just like every other thing sold on the boards. If you're taking subs for a SS opportunity, I don't understand why the witness doesn't post what they're charging. I've emailed CGC before and what I get in return is that the witness sets the fee. Other have posted general types of ranges, including extra fees when a witness is traveling to a con.

I don't have anything personal against any of the witnesses, I just don't understand the shroud of secrecy that is SS pricing.

Not a problem, just showing he asked to be PMd about details (pricing, limits etc).
That's part of the problem though. It's a lot to assume that a noob like myself or someone else will know that the PM request is for pricing info. Why not just post it up front?

Right.

Witnesses generally assess the request, the costs and then work out a price with the customer. That negotiation doesn't need to be public on this forum.

Signature Series pricing is out there for submissions at the booth (by tier: modern $27/ economy $34/ standard $54/ express $84/ magazine $29 / modern on-site $34) but these are the basic guideline prices for people who are attending the shows - if you are working with a Witness, generally you are not attending the show to obtain that pricing.

For example, say you want an autograph from an actor and they charge an autograph fee (prices can range from $5-100 an autograph depending on the celeb) that will be factored in. Say you want multiple signatures - that can factor in, we usually charge $5 per additional signature, but that can be at the Witness' discretion as it is their time and effort involved. Say you want a sketch, the Witness may have to pay the artist on your behalf to get a sketch.

If the Witness is also travelling to a show on your behalf to get autographs, they may or may not choose to charge an additional service fee. That is at their discretion.