• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

Here's one of my all-time favorite DC sci-fi covers. I love the colors, the earth, and the way the guy is dropping the phone.

Strangeadventures141.jpg

:applause: Has anyone who collects these early sci-fi books ( as I do ), ever noticed on Strange Adventures, House of Secrets, and House of Mystery how many covers had Gorrilas on them. Theres a ton of them. I may have to start a Gorilla thread.

DRX

:applause: Has anyone who collects these early sci-fi books ( as I do ), ever noticed on Strange Adventures, House of Secrets, and House of Mystery how many covers had Gorrilas on them. Theres a ton of them. I may have to start a Gorilla thread.

DRX

Oh yes, gorillas were a DC staple. Apparently sales went up every time the published a cover with a gorilla. Superman and Flash covers had a lot of gorillas too.

The subject of DC gorilla covers was discussed in this issue of the Comic Marketplace # 68 1999. But, it seems to me there might be another issue which went over this too. I'll have to research in the back issues of CM.

There is also Congo Bill, Congorilla,Titano and Grodd in the Flash series.

CM MKPL 68

CM MKPL A

CM MKPL B

CMMKPL C

Check this out. While going through this issue of CM, look at this classified ad for books!!!!! Which one(s) do you want??

Photobucket