• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

You guys are blowing me away with these high grade copies! It's a real treat to get to see them. (worship)

Thanks, John. But most of my DC stuff is only FN/VF to VF. I'm far too much of a tight- to swim in the deep end of the pool. lol

That's high grade to me for 10 cent DC's, especially when you get back into the 50's!

You guys are blowing me away with these high grade copies! It's a real treat to get to see them. (worship)

Thanks, John. But most of my DC stuff is only FN/VF to VF. I'm far too much of a tight- to swim in the deep end of the pool. lol

That's high grade to me for 10 cent DC's, especially when you get back into the 50's!

I agree with that statement 100% (thumbs u DCs from the 1950s are quite rare above VF. I am always tickled when I get a nice solid FN/VF DC book from that era.

Bill

I agree with that statement 100% (thumbs u DCs from the 1950s are quite rare above VF. I am always tickled when I get a nice solid FN/VF DC book from that era.

Bill

+2

Superlative books Bill. The MGA title is my favorite of the big 4 DC mystery titles.

However, I also find them hard to find in nice grades, especially the middle issues in the # 20s' through # 40s'. Here are some of mine.

MGA 20

MGA 23

MGA 25

MGA 27

MGA 29

This Bernard Bailey cover is always one of my favorites. He is always imaginative in rendering weird creatures. Look at some of his 50's horror stuff which rate as some of the best horror covers ever.

MGA 54

Wow Rick, those are really nice books. I often thought that some of the MGA's in the in the 30s-60s range were trying to compete with the Atlas monster books -- as nearly every one of those issues has a wacky DC monster on the cover.

Here are a few more MGAs!

Space Ranger prototype:

MGA_22.jpg

One of my favorite Robot covers:

mga_26.jpg

Love the colors on this one:

MGA_28.jpg

It is interesting how much the Atlas monsters differ from the DC monsters. In the case of a prominent DC monster, such as K'RA (above), the DC monster is always the misunderstood party, while 99% of the time, the Atlas monster is a menace.

TOU060-SL.jpg

TOU061-SL.jpg

TOU062-SL.jpg

Great books! I'm never seen any of those.

10-cent TOUs seem to far less common that Mystery in Space issues with Adam Strange, which seem to have an endless supply. I'm always on the lookout for these on Ebay and they just don't come up.

:headbang:

Very sweet books!! I have been a faithful fan since childhood of the Space Ranger.

With his faithful sidekick, Cryll, and his beautiful assistant Myra nothing was imposible to overcome in our troubled universe.

Nice to see a loyal, lifelong fan!

:baiting: But couldn't you find a more "trim" version for your avatar?

Is one of my all time favorite D.C. characters. Im still looking for a deserted asteroid to start my own space detective agency.

DRX

CCF11102009_00001.jpg

CCF11102009_00000.jpg

Edited by DRX